Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Has anybody mentioned Dash Decent, Bonjo and the Walter the Wobot one-page strips to pad out a Hewligan's Haircut / Sooner or Later mega-collection?

Tomwe

I see the collection's web page is now redirecting back to hachette. Guess the test is over and we wait to see what happens next!

abelardsnazz

I've finished reading the four pilot volumes, and they're a great example of the variety of Tooth stories over the past 40 years.

Slaine: Humour and action with the grounding of legend, and Bisley's art was the first of its kind in British comics at the time.

Halo Jones: the first two books are good scene-setters but the third is a masterpiece, Moore and Gibson at their absolute peak. To echo Neil Gaiman in Future Shock, we can only speculate at further wonders we might have seen if the story had continued.

Shakara: Mind-bending strangeness that's insane in the best way, with the most inventive collection of aliens outside Nemesis.

Strontium Dog: great storytelling from the creators of two of Tooth's most iconic characters, the serious points being made in the first two stories balanced by the humour of the third.

Hoping this has been popular enough to warrant a full series - guessing we'll find out in a few months?

Richard

I just re-read Dan Abnett's take on Durham Red today, and think it definitely deserves to be included if the collection happens.

Michael Knight

Please Tharg make this happen. I'm already allocating storage space

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Richard on 10 July, 2017, 11:39:48 PM
I just re-read Dan Abnett's take on Durham Red today, and think it definitely deserves to be included if the collection happens.

I've always thought that Dan Abnett's run on Durham Red was criminally underrated. It actually dared to do something new with a well known character.

Mute77

Yeah i've said before that i loved Abnett's Durham Red trilogy.. Would love an all in one hardcover.

Swerty

I would like all the golden oldies.Harlem Heroes,Invasion,Mach 1,Dan Dare...

robert_ellis

It's great the series is happening! Who's the spine artist? From the tiny glimpses visible I'm guessing Boo Cook?

IndigoPrime

"Enter your email address to be notified when subscriptions are open!"

Oh, bloody hell. *looks at bank account* Oh, bloody hell. *looks at direct debits already going to Rebellion, Hachette, Titan, Panini... Oh, bloody hell.

*types in email address and hits Return regardless*

Oh, bloody hell.

IndigoPrime

Still, at least this time round, the packaging will be not-shit from day one. Fewer books going back, I imagine.

Link Prime

So tempting, although I'll likely end up being a weaselly cherry-picker again!

robert_ellis

I can't commit to another £20 per month on top of the MegaCollection! I know the early issues are usually cheap but it would still be the best part of year spending £40 a month. Looking forward to seeing it at WHSmiths though!