Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

1. Brink
2. Hope... for the Future
3. Grey Area

margaritas ante porcos

BPP

1) scarlet traces
2) grey area (Harrison makes such a difference)
3) Brink
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

WhizzBang

1. Sinister Dexter
2. The Fall of Deadworld
3. Tharg's 3rillers

Daveycandlish

Absalom
Brink
Alienist

In that order. Some I can't even remember without.looking up so I guess they weren't that striking!  Or is the Alzheimers kicking in?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Adventurer

2017 has some really good strips overall, ranking them might be a little tough... mostly because I'm going to feel bad about what I leave off.

1. Brink
2. The Fall of Deadworld
3. Kingmaker

Honorable Mentions (really, these are all tied with 3rd): Kingdom, The Alienist, Grey Area, The Order, Scarlet Traces, Hunted, Hope... for the Future, Indigo Prime, and of course Judge Dredd.

That said, I actually though Dredd was overall kind of weak in 2017 after a series of very good years, with only Harvey being a standout. I kind of hated War Buds, but Deep in the Heart was pretty good. The best Dredd was that two part Pin story that was set up for a story we didn't get in 2017, so I can't rate Dredd higher on that alone.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

1. HOPE... For the Future
2. Brink
3. Sinister Dexter

Colin YNWA

Firstly thanks for doing this and its great to have a positive spine on things to counter some of the unrest folks are feeling.

For me the difficultly in doing this shows that the Prog has nowt to worry about and this will be a classic case of ask me tomorrow and you'll get a different answer. For tonight however (and I'm going none Dredd)

1. Brink
2. Kingdom
3. Sinister Dexter

The Order, Indigo Prime, Kingmaker and Fall of Deadworld all cam ein for serious comsideration!

DrJomster

Lovely thread! Good work!

1. Absalom
2. Brink
3. Scarlet Traces

(Excluding Dredd)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Andy Lambert

My top 3 would be:

1: Kingmaker
2: The Fall Of Deadworld
3: Tharg's 3rillers - specifically "Mechastopheles" as I felt it had the potential to develop into an ongoing strip much like "Survival Geeks" did.

NapalmKev

1. Deadworld

2. Indigo Prime

3. Joint tie between Hope... For the future, Kingmaker and Absolom

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Blue Cactus

Hi folks, I just said a lengthy hello to introduce myself on the 'Welcome to the board' bit but wanted to chip in on this thread.

1. Brink. I just adore this one. The creepy atmosphere and the slow pace really work for me. I hope Tharg commissions a really lengthy third series that can run and run and build and build. I realise this would not be to everyone's taste!.

2. The Fall of Deadworld. Back in the days of Kid Cyborg I would never have imagined I'd be loving a Kek-W strip and buying a lavish hardback collection of it, but I do and I have. Art, atmosphere and invention are all top notch here and I love the relationship between the main characters (and Byke). The Order is great too, though it would be good to have some new baddies rather than the worm things.

3. Kingdom/Grey Area in joint second. Seeing Gene reunited with Leezee was a highlight for me last year. I like a story where there are relationships of real emotional depth rather than just a surface 'we are buddies who fight things together' type set up, and I'd been waiting for them to meet up again for years. Grey Area seems to be set up to allow Abnett to tell all kinds of stories, large and small, much the same way the Dredd strip is also really versatile. I do kind of hate everyone calling that character 'Bitch' though, and worry about what a new reader would think every time it happens.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Top Three Thrills

1) Absalom: Terminal Diagnosis
2) Brink: Skeleton Life
3) Kingdom: As It Is In Heaven

Honorable Mentions

Kingmaker
Hope... For the Future
The Fall of Deadworld: Cursed
Scarlet Traces: Cold War
Psi-Judge Anderson: Dragon's Blood/NWO
Lawless: Long Range War
Hunted: Furies
Dominion
Grey Area: Homeland Security
The Alienist: Inhuman Natures
Tharg's 3rillers: The House of Gilded Peak

Favourite Dredds

Deep in the Heart & Black Snow
Dredd: Furies
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

broodblik

1. Brink

2. Kingmaker

3. Scarlet Traces
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

1st:   Brink
2nd:  Hope ...for the Future
3rd:   Kingmaker

Kingdom will no doubt rate higher once I catch up with the current storylines as I loved the 2000AD Collection volume.

CalHab

If we're doing the Meg as well, then my vote is:
1- Lawless
2- Lawless
3- Lawless

HMs for Lawless, Lawless and Lawless (which sounds like a disreputable legal firm).