Main Menu

ANYBODY CATCH mARTIN FREEMAN ON jr?

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 30 April, 2005, 06:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

In reply to the initial question, No I didnt. Was he any good?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Carlsborg Expert

Yes it was good Satanist.

It was just run of the mill Woss really and Freeman took the piss out of his hair.

Freeman,it has been decided is a scary soulless meat doll or something.

Bico

See what you miss by needing sleep?

Freeman's a chancer who got lucky by being cast in the Office, and that's all.  He brings nothing to the table that couldn't be brought by any other British actor who's been slogging away for years in the obscurity of britcom hell (bbc digital).

Wils

As entertaining as this thread is, I've got better things to do than carry on poking you with a stick. Hoping for a decent comeback that we could both play off was obviously too much to ask for.

I *will* be leaving this thread alone now, although this will not be due to anyone 'winning'. That was never the intended case. You've made it perfectly clear what you think of me ("shitsex", though?!) and I still think you're a fool, but we'll both just have to live with that. I know can.

Hopefully, if we ever have another run-in, we can progress a bit further than name calling.

Bye for now, and see you on another thread.

Wils the 'fuck', 'arsehole', 'lettuce', 'dickhead', 'twat', 'cunt', 'cock', 'dweeb', 'witch(?)', '
cuntingbollocksuckingmotherfuck', 'shitsex'.

I'm going to have to add another page to my CV. ;)

Noisybast

This thread reminds me vaguely of when I worked in a school.
There was this one kid, he had ADHD and Tourettes. He was a nice enough kid, most of the time.
Some of the other kids took a sadistic pleasure in talking him into skipping his meds, and then winding him up until he'd go off on one.
Funny how these things come back to you...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Carlsborg Expert

Belittling me in front of people will only get you the tourettes and the name calling and maybe in future you wont bother.

Thankyou for leaving.

Thats all I wanted.

Its a pity I had to dog you like,for two days.

But Im half happy to and maybe next time we meet Ill be laughing at one of your attempts to have a hearty chat.

Cheers

Jimmy

Bolt-01

On the radio show Ross mentioned the Shaun 2k strip, after asking Freeman about the possibilty of Hitchhikers being adapted to a comic (again)

Apparently Mr Pegg was really chuffed that it happened.

Bolt-01, missed all the hoo ha.

Swearengen

>I've been increasingly dissallusioned with the way new people are treated on the board.

Speaking as a new member just asking a simple question seemed to get a hostile response. After spending days reading old threads it seems that board members have developed a relationship that if you?ve been here a while and got used to how people interact seems fun and jocular but if your new to it appears to be very confrontational and hostile.
Anyway still reading old threads to try and work out how to fit in.

Bico

Who the hell told *you* you could speak?

paulvonscott

It's generally quite friendly, I usually save being rude to people I know for instance.

If you get an abrupt response, it's either because you've accidentally posted the same thing as someone who has just left in disgrace (these 'trolls' reappear in a number of guises to make all our lives a misery) and so they think you're one of the bad people...

Or one of the posts has been misinterpreted, as it's hard to tell if someone is joking or not on a message board post.  E.g. Prof Bears trying to be funny, but it may come across as just being hostile.  Then again he could be trying to be hostile, and it just comes across as a joke.

But generally it is very friendly, honest.

paulvonscott

It's generally quite friendly, I usually save being rude to people I know for instance.

If you get an abrupt response, it's either because you've accidentally posted the same thing as someone who has just left in disgrace (these 'trolls' reappear in a number of guises to make all our lives a misery) and so they think you're one of the bad people...

Or one of the posts has been misinterpreted, as it's hard to tell if someone is joking or not on a message board post.  E.g. Prof Bears trying to be funny, but it may come across as just being hostile.  Then again he could be trying to be hostile, and it just comes across as a joke.

But generally it is very friendly, honest.

Bolt-01

Just give it time and try not to post things that are too subtle. We are comic readers, not mind readers.

Bolt-01

Byron Virgo

"Prof Bears trying to be funny, but it may come across as just being hostile. Then again he could be trying to be hostile, and it just comes across as a joke."

I think he's both hostile and a joke ;)

WoD

Bloody hell....I only just got round to reading this thread and now I wish I hadn't.  How often do *we* go off on one over nothing.

As for seeing it, I did, and I think that he's very lucky to have played himself in EVERY show that he's starred in.  Not saying that I haven't enjoyed them, but I guess he needs to open his range a bit or the public will tire of him.  Although if he does keep it up, I bet he's centrally involved with a revitalisation of the *Carry On* franchise in the near future.

JR seems to have lost a bit though.  Wish he'd get a bloody haircut.