Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 19 January, 2019, 11:47:05 AM
Criminal is fantastic (not news!). Read vol. 1 and have the rest lined up  :)
Including the brand new series - in trade form when that happens, eventually.

I think the new series, in floppie at least, is waiting or me in my nerd shop just haven't picked it up yet. Have to say its the one Brubaker Phillips series I've not got to yet so really looking forward to it.

As for Cholly and Flytrap I had a couple of the 'prestige' format comics back in the day and they were pretty good fun. Not read this but it looks glorious and the post apocalyptic wonders ideas really appeals ... for like £2.99 hardback at 250ish pages and originally retailing for £23 its gotta be worth a punt.

I, Cosh

Big IDW sale on Comixology at the moment. I almost bought the Anderson trade until a nagging little voice at the back of my head sent me off to doublecheck. Sure enough, there was the IDW Dredd humble bundle sitting forlorn and undownloaded in my inbox for more than a year.
We never really die.

tonyf33

You can get a FREE ComicScene mug with any 6 or 12 month subscription in print or digital before the end of February on the ComicScene website at www.comicscene.tictail.com - copies work out cheaper than in the shops and you also get free P&P

The site also has a launch sale for ComicScene Volume 2 issue 1 - lots of back issue bargains to be had!  Check it out at www.comicscene.tictail.com

Mardroid

Is it my imagination or is there a freaky starey eye thing going on the cover of Comic Scene volume 2?

And nice to see Luke get into football on another cover. *

*Sorry, not a criticism of the art. Just a joke about the similarity in hairstyle with Luke Skywalker and Roy, there. I'm sure it's a 70s early 80s thing.

IndigoPrime

Leigh S

Just picked up the recent Freeway Fighter collection from Mssrs Ewington, Coleby (and that there Jim Campbell) for £2.99 in Birmingham's Forbidden Planet - with Ian Livingstone and alls signed postcard thing!

Rately

Comixology have a Dark Horse sake currently, and you get extra off the sale items if you enter DH50 at checkout.

Picked up the four Hellbiy omnibuses, aling with the two short story compilations for £14!

Looking forward to finally reading some Hellboy.

IndigoPrime

That is _ludicrously_ good value, for anyone who's not so far delved into Hellboy.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 March, 2019, 01:42:32 PM
That is _ludicrously_ good value, for anyone who's not so far delved into Hellboy.

It is bonkers value!

Timothy

I just got the first omnibus with a Christmas book token, and I have now completed the collection for under £12!!!

Rately

Quote from: Timothy on 17 March, 2019, 05:18:42 PM
I just got the first omnibus with a Christmas book token, and I have now completed the collection for under £12!!!

Amazing comics. The Mignola art is astonishing.

Comixology running a DC comics sale. If you pop any of The Sandman graphic novels in your digital trolley, and apply the code DC60, you can pick up all ten volumes for £12.

Lots of other great stuff like the 100 Bullets compendiums going for ridiculous money.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Rately on 16 July, 2019, 02:30:54 PM
Comixology running a DC comics sale. If you pop any of The Sandman graphic novels in your digital trolley, and apply the code DC60, you can pick up all ten volumes for £12.
I noticed the Sandman sale earlier in the week but with this on top it's almost crazy not to. What do you mean I already own them all? They're stuck in a box in another country (called Kirkintilloch.)
We never really die.

Rately

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 July, 2019, 04:27:39 PM
Quote from: Rately on 16 July, 2019, 02:30:54 PM
I noticed the Sandman sale earlier in the week but with this on top it's almost crazy not to. What do you mean I already own them all? They're stuck in a box in another country (called Kirkintilloch.)

I had five volumes of The Sandman to collect, Got all the 100 Bullets compendiums AND The Immortal Hulk collections, thus far, for ridiculous money!

The Adventurer

I ended up paying 40 cents an issue for the Simon Spurrier Dreaming series (I wish I'd realized this sale was happening last week when got all the new Books of Magic series for a dollar each). I should probably grab those 2 dollar Sandman trades now, instead of hating myself for missing them, later. I've never read OG Gaiman Sandman.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bolt-01

Immortal Hul V2 & V3 for me. Nice!