Main Menu

Judge Dredd Mega Collection extension suggestions

Started by Trent, 11 November, 2016, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Magnetica on 29 September, 2017, 02:02:37 PM
I don't get the requests for an index. The excellent Wikipedia page tells you what all the books are, what issue number, what volume number and what the stories are.

Personally I don't see the need for more than that.

Some of us are hard core luddites.  You can't beat the feel of a solid, well prepared book.  Plus ... Wikipedia ... you know.

Magnetica

Ok fair enough, I can understand wanting a physical index. Not sure it would be long enough to be a book though. More of a pamphlet. ;)

Tjm86

True.  Depends on how you pad it out.  Filling it with material from the Mega History, annuals or specials, not to mention various covers.  Perhaps some analysis of Dredd's influence on popular culture and so forth. Just a thought or two.

Jade Falcon

There could be a Dredd/Mega City tech manual or worldbook.  Think similiar to the Haynes manuals like the Dan Dare one.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Natch, they should have echoed old comics by allowing you to build up the index by cutting it out of random books and stapling it together yourself.

moly

Why are they so reticent to confirm what books will be in the extension especially as the have confirmed virtually all of the 2000ad collection

Tjm86

Could be to avoid an exodus of subscribers deciding it's a good jump off point?  Or more likely that they're concentrating on pushing the tooth collection to get new subscribers since the Dredd ones are pretty much in the bag.  If so it seems a bit of a misstep since quite a few Dredd ones have said they'd have picked up tooth had it started after Dredd had finished.

Swerty

I remember seeing the spine image for the next 10 somewhere but can't find it now.If someone could oblige...

Dash Decent

I think it was in Pete's Covers Uncovered blog, but I can't find a link to it now!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Tomwe

Quote from: Swerty on 08 October, 2017, 07:05:36 PM
I remember seeing the spine image for the next 10 somewhere but can't find it now.If someone could oblige...

here :)

Swerty

Timothy

Tjm86

Really?  Not completely clear but I thought it was Uncle Ump.  Quite happy to be called on that though.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 October, 2017, 02:21:15 PM
Really?  Not completely clear but I thought it was Uncle Ump.  Quite happy to be called on that though.

The dude in the top hat is Darren Dead.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Looks like Darren Dead to me.  Ump was a lot shorter, wasn't he?

EDIT: Bah, Jimbo'd.