Main Menu

judge dredd the movie news

Started by Thread Zero, 23 October, 2001, 06:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Blooming heck, I finally found you lot.

The long walk for me was sure long!!

MEGA NEWS

Danny Cannon is working on a director's cut of Judge Dredd. It is set to be released in early 2003.

According to aint it cool news this is true.
Check out the site for more info.

So here's to the return of I am the Lawhhhhhhhh!

scojo back for more....

W. R. Logan

+++INCOMING MESSAGE++++++INCOMING MESSAGE+++

At ease Cadets,

Just like a number 77 hoverbus you wait ages for one an as soon as it turns up so does another. In the same vein we wait ages for news of a Dredd movie and we reported on Dredd movie news yeaterday and today we have more movie news.

++++++

Tuesday October 23 5:10 AM ET
Judge Dredd courts new film deal
HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Comic book publisher 2000 AD has signed a deal to produce two movies based on its character Judge Dredd, the heroic lawkeeper of a 22nd century metropolis whose mantra is ``I am the Law.''

The Dredd character was previously adapted for the screen in the 1995 film ``Judge Dredd,'' starring Sylvester Stallone, which flopped at the box office.

The first picture under 2000 AD's pact with independent producer Shoreline Entertainment will be ``Judge Dredd: Dredd Reckoning.''

The project, which will see the hero losing confidence in the corrupt legal system, will be shot back-to-back with the second picture under the deal, ``Judge Dredd: Possession,'' in which Dredd has to face up to the moral dilemma of having to kill his partner when she is possessed by Judge Death.

``We are reinventing the franchise by taking it back to the edge and style of the original comicbook,'' said Shoreline principal Morris Ruskin, who will serve as a producer.

``This is a great time for movies about superheroes,'' said his Shoreline partner, Vicki Pike, ``and there are thousands of Judge Dredd stories, so there is endless material available to work with. It will also be easier to brand the movies by presenting them back-to-back.''

Reuters/Variety REUTERS

++++++
read it for yourself at:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011023/en/film-dredd_1.html

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79

+++MESSAGE ENDS++++++MESSAGE ENDS+++

Thread Zero

Sounds cool news.

I will write the screenplays.

I am cheaper than Garth after all...

scojo

Dudley

Ultimate necro post!*

Has ANY news come out since this initial announcement?  Is there to be a Dredd movie or not?

* Just did a bit of a search to see if there was anything substantial.  Then thought it'd be nice to have a troll-by-troll comparison.  ;)

Agrivar

Altogether now!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (the directors cut)

and a tenuous

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY on the new Dredd film(s)

Agrivar

If they can do a good job with X-Men they can do it with Dredd.

(Don't mention the hulk. let's stay optimistic.)

James

The project, which will see the hero losing confidence in the corrupt legal system, will be shot back-to-back with the second picture under the deal, ``Judge Dredd: Possession,'' in which Dredd has to face up to the moral dilemma of having to kill his partner when she is possessed by Judge Death.

Or maybe NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! for those synopsyseseses.(sp)

Agrivar

Not nessaarily. A good crisis of faith is always good to watch.

Who's gonna play Dredd?

Any speculations?

James

Matt Timson

Robert Patrick?

Oh and Mongo- start taking your meds again- you've signed with the wrong name you incompetent nob...

Pffft...

Agrivar

Aren't they both a bit little and skinny? I know that it's best to steer away from the action hero (Stallone, say no more) but there should be some sort of physical presence there. I mean as hard as he is Hugo Weaving looks like a geek in The Matrix.

Matt Timson

I was kidding.  Mongo has a Robert Patrick fetish- and his playing the role of Dredd was the subject one of Mongo's many obsessions.  About a hundred posts, if memory serves.

There's an interesting chatlog I can point you to if you want.  You can almost feel the sanity falling away beneath your feet as you read.  Really quite spectacular.

Matt
Pffft...

Priv8eye

I heard they were going to cast an unknown so that the helmet could stay on.

Mr C

Why the hell don't they get John Wagner to write a script? Personally, I don't want to see a back to back Dredd film, the synopsis that I've read of them suggests alot of helmetless action and a load of mushy-mushy shite with Hershey! Please grud, let this film do the character justice!
Better off doing a Strontium Dog movie.

Thread Zero

Wake - is there any way of removing Scojo's posts from my message history?

I only wanted to seed what it would say if I changed my name to a banned username!  I wasn't expecting this!