Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar 2018 COMMENTS Thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2018, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Chip in when you like. Or wait to see if someone has to skip a day for whatever reason OR wait for Chrimbo eve when there's a free for all... basically whatever you want!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 04 December, 2018, 07:06:59 PM
It's both my birthday AND my day for the advent calendar! I signed up early to scoop everyone else who thought about doing one of these[/quote

Happy birthday Conrad!

Rogue Judge

Der Sternhammer Silencer...great for Hitler and kids alike! Great work BCB!

Bad City Blue

Thanks, you need to write a Judge Grinch poem to go with that pic!
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Frank

Brilliant. More authentic (and sexy) than either movie version.

Eamonn Clarke

The draw for the raffle is done and up on youtube.

https://youtu.be/zPJnMt3qqRo

The lucky winners are:

1st - Steven Bull, who wins the signed Dredd sketchbook
2nd - Dave Wynn, who wins the signed hardback of Case Files 1
3rd - Squitten, who wins the signed Prog 202
4th - Stewart Lafferty, who wins the signed copy of 2000AD's greatest hits

I've sent them all emails so hopefully will be able to get their prizes to them soon.

We raised £466 for cancer research UK which brings the grand total raised by the 2000AD community over the last 5 years to a whopping £8002.26   :o

Colin YNWA

That knitted Dredd is uniform is a thing of wonder!

And as ever Eamonn is a true gent and an absolutely astonishing generous soul.

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

TordelBack

Incredible work Eamonn, I had fully intended to throw some dosh at the raffle (for not-100%-altruistic purposes) and somehow forgot the auction date. I will make recompense before the day is out. You're one of the good'uns, sir.

As for Colin, you've had me chuckling at your modded Calvin & Hobbes strips for years now, but this latest one is on a whole new level!  Quite the talent with the pencil there, young man.

shaolin_monkey

Just catching up with everything this week.

First up, thanks for the raffle Eammon! 'Twas a ray of light in a bit of a difficult week.

Loving all the entries in my catch up. The Survival Geeks really made me laugh, particularly wossisface in his Ys.

Always good to see some great Tharg art at Xmas, and we have a few good ones this year!

C&H pastiches always make me laugh, especially 2000AD related ones.

Good work everyone!!!

Trooper McFad

That was a great little short Mardriod and I could easily see that in a Xmas Meg/prog.
As ever since I joined this board the quality of the advent each year has been brilliant - almost wishing for next year already 😳
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Mardroid

Thanks Trooper. I was worried the character might be a bit too reminiscent of the Robo Santa character from Futurama, although that one is a total psycho. And spotting the cover of the recent Meg made me wince a bit, [spoiler]except that one is a perp, and the Santa in the actual story isn't actually a robot...[/spoiler]

Glad you liked it.

The Monarch

hopefully i'll get kazs thoughts on dante in podcast form at some point sorry again for the repeat

Pete Wells

Well, Flippo's entry today (23rd Dec) wins the top prize for most awesome picture ever!!! I LOVE it!!!