Main Menu

harvesting Solar wind on ITV news ?!

Started by Queen Firey-Bou, 08 September, 2004, 04:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therev

Space pod went fall down and go BOINK!
Oh dear!

Why the FUNT do yo use a SNECKING helicopter to catch it???? FUNTING American's....

Queen Firey-Bou

max, its a close tie between various forms of jobs that involve dramatic dangerous rescuing & / or big scary techy machines...firemen, coast guard, helicopter blokes, russian billionaiaiaires, you know, hero types.

jet fighter pilots, would have to be rescue mission jet pilots rather than gratuituous bombing pilots to qualify. formula one drivers fail, unless'n they rescue kittens on route or such, get the idea ?

scientists who work for nasa, but arent sure about inches or centemeters, fail the hunk criteria.

Generally Contrary

I'm sure the American's are now convinced they're in a movie.  They used 'Hollywood stunt pilots' to catch the capsule.  And they're going to send a no nonsense oil driller to save the world from an asteroid.

Quirkafleeg

Broke in fall, my arse... a bear's eaten it

gavzilla

My other half sometimes works for NASA and he knows about inches and centimetres.

Dudley

I have the reason it went wrong!

Colin Pillinger was the scientist first in line to examine the samples.  I tell you, this is one man you *don't* want checking your parachute.

Dan Kelly

Am I really the only person thinking Andromeda Strain here?

Run Away!

Dan

Dunk!

Am I the only one disappointed with the impact crater?

It fell from space.

I was expecting something like Deep Impact.
"Trust we"

Generally Contrary

I was thinking that.  And it seemed to stay mostly in one peice.

gavzilla

Twas like when Superman came to Earth as a wee bairn.

Art

Elseworlds: Pilinger

The earth is doomed, and only Proffesor Colin pilinger knows it! Racing against time he constructs a tiny escape vehicle to take it's occupant to the planet Kryton...

Queen Firey-Bou

and did you see the way it span ? sortof like a UFO with a hobble, so now when we see flying saucers we'll be able to tell the aliens from the NASA guys, aliens spin like frisbies, earthlings crash.