Main Menu

My next commission....Brian Bolland Cover !!!

Started by Dr Feeley Good, 19 April, 2011, 08:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Slightly misleading title,but i have been giving some thought to my next private commission,and after seeing Gary Martins brilliant inking on the Bolland prelims he had worked on,on deviantart.com i got in touch to see if he would like to have a go at my Judge Caligula cover prelim...i love my Bolland prelim,but because it is in pencil and only on paper i have never had it on display,so i will let you know how i get on ! this is my prelim as it is at the moment.....

Mangamax

Whoah, a brave move. Personally, i'd have a high quality stat be inked and keep the pencils as is.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Dr Feeley Good

Thats what he does ,i'm not going to let him ink the original !!! :o ,  he scans and enlarges it,prints it on bristol board then inks it....here are a couple he has done for other people.....

Dr Feeley Good

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Mangamax

Phew!  :D
But, having said that, he's brilliant at it isn't he? That's some excellent work there - ta for putting it up
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Dr Feeley Good

If you look at his work at deviantart.com he has loads of brilliant pieces,lots of Bolland and a lot of his work for Marvel etc

Dunk!

Wow, they literally take my breath away.

So iconic.
"Trust we"

David Frankum

These are truly fantastic. Has Mr Bolland seen any of these?

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Large48

mmmmmmm I could get him to do my one as well.

Certainly looks good when he's done.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Pete Wells

Yup, really exciting stuff Steve. Another for the commissions blog?

Dr Feeley Good

Will do Pete,i will sent you a scan when he sends me something ! and what Bolland prelim do you have Large48 ? any chance of a picture ?

Dr Feeley Good

Gary has just sent me this jpg of my commission..... :D

Large48

I think mine is Eagle Cover 23....

Mind been a while since I've seen it! Can't remeber what it looks like  :|

Someone with more Web-fu than me can put a pic up.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]