Main Menu

Are you a perv?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 May, 2010, 09:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've written a script for the Mark Millar/ Clint submissions thread over on Millarworld. I'm looking for someone to illustrate it.

Thing is it's a little... risqué. It's not obscence. It has a story and a twist and robots and aliens and everything, but it does feature nudity. Enough to make Kev "I wanna draw boobs" Levell think twice.

I thought about shelving it, but given the success of "Planet PeePee" I think it might be worth a go. I've tamed it down a little since I first did it, to make it more Tesco-friendly, but there's no getting away from it: there's scuddy bits.

Now, I know a lot of artist types here are already busy. But if anyone is willing to look at this, then PM me.

Ta.

Oh, and in case you're wondering: Yes. Yes, you are.
Lock up your spoons!

Van Dom

Im not an artist, sorry Dr. X. But I sure do want to read this so SOMEBODY better leave their scruples at the door and put pen to paper! Come on guys!!!! :D
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Paul_Ridgon

Don't know if I've got the time to do it right now, but I'd love to take a look at it...

The Enigmatic Dr X

It's a word doc. So if your email is hidden on your profile (like yours, Mr Phantom) then you'll need to PM it to me.

No voyeurs or peeking toms, mind. This is art, not filth.
Lock up your spoons!

Professor Bear

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'll let others decide if it is filth or not.

It's been sent on to one other perv. You know who you are. Check your email.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

After much to-ing and fro-ing, "Extras" has now been posted to the Clint thread.

I had really high hopes for this when it was written, as I thought it was the right kind of twisted puerile nonsense that was being sought, but having seen the picks I am not so sure.

That said, I think Darren Cornwell's art is tops and deserves to be seen. Jim's lettering too, as none of us have ever seen that.

A big thanks to everyone who was made to feel slightly grubby looking at this. Especially Rich and Phantom Artist for comments, and PJ for tearing a draft of the script a new one. Your feedback was much appreciated.

Also Tips, who while he didn't look at the script helped with one idea (always go for the knob gag!)

Linky:-

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=93940&view=findpost&p=2192398
Lock up your spoons!

Emperor

[spoiler]Chainsaw buggery!![/spoiler] Top work from everyone involved, although I am now worried about myself as I don't feel dirty ;) It seems like just the right kind of "earthy" tale to get the breakthrough the forum deserves (I've been pondering a more... naughty story but feel this might have just the right mix to make the grade so will wait and see what happens).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Van Dom

Nice work guys, that was a fun little read.
(I dont feel too dirty after reading it either so I guess my answer to the question the thread title poses is - YES!)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

dancornwell

was wondering if i should show my mother this, my in-laws want to see it too.....

anyone know a good divorse lawyer??

Darren Stephens

Hah, thats class. Good work all.  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Emperor

Quote from: dancornwell on 21 July, 2010, 05:10:41 PM
was wondering if i should show my mother this, my in-laws want to see it too.....

anyone know a good divorse lawyer??

Drop Roger a PM - he isn't one, but it'd be very funny.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jim_Campbell

You're not singing over there,
You're
Not singing
Over
Theeee-eeere!

You've stunned the Millarworlders, Doc & Dan!

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ach. You got me all excited there. But when I scuttled over to Millarworld, I see it's been met by a wall of indifference and you were just saying there's been no comments.

Bah.
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

That was great - easily professional standard all round.  Head and shoulders above most of the other candidates. Clear storytelling, great visuals, nice-if-predictable sting.  (Yes Jim, the lettering made it good).