Main Menu

Zenith returns in Prog 2050!

Started by robert_ellis, 13 September, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 September, 2017, 12:11:58 PM
Well I haven't felt so betrayed since we were lead to believe that Dredd was gay, or dead, or filmed beating someone to death; I forget which one - but the outrage never fades!
Erm, excuse me, trigg-I mean [spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler] warning!

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 September, 2017, 11:52:11 AM

1) If you're talking about Molcher, it's unlikely he saw that particular thrill mail.
2) ISN'T THE JOB OF PR TO GET YOU EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING?

Can I be the first to congratulate Mike on his graduation to 'one name celebrity' status.

Prince, Beyonce, Cher, Elvis and now Molcher.

Well done!

:D

TordelBack

Quote from: Steven Sterlacchini on 21 September, 2017, 03:03:14 PM
Can I be the first to congratulate Mike on his graduation to 'one name celebrity' status.

Oh it's his actual name? From context, I thought it was a sexual verb used as an insult, along the lines of Felcher.

;)

Steve Green

It'll be a squiggle next, or maybe just the sound of a sigh.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Steven Sterlacchini on 21 September, 2017, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 21 September, 2017, 11:52:11 AM

1) If you're talking about Molcher, it's unlikely he saw that particular thrill mail.
2) ISN'T THE JOB OF PR TO GET YOU EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING?

Prince, Beyonce, Cher, Elvis and now Molcher.

Well done!

:D

Interesting that you never see any of them in the same room at the same time though...hhhmmm

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I commend the PR shenanigans, but as a well and truly lapsed reader of the weekly comic it's a bit harder to lure me back than that. I am going to flick through prog 2050 in WH Smiths and then either purchase it if there's a Zenith comic strip included or else return it to the shelves if not.

pauljholden

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 21 September, 2017, 07:49:50 PM
I commend the PR shenanigans, but as a well and truly lapsed reader of the weekly comic it's a bit harder to lure me back than that. I am going to flick through prog 2050 in WH Smiths and then either purchase it if there's a Zenith comic strip included or else return it to the shelves if not.

What an impressive f**k you to everyone else's hard work in the comic. Well done.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 21 September, 2017, 07:49:50 PM

Lapsed? Sweet Grud- you should fix that. There is no excuse.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 22 September, 2017, 08:55:43 AM
There is no excuse.

We should have a weekly roll-call thread: every forum member has to post a picture of themselves with the current prog in their hands, or get banned. Unless they have a note from their mum.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Or you have to do your posting in your pants.

What do you mean, nothing new there?

Hawkmumbler

What about us Ipad wanke....'readers'? :P

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 September, 2017, 07:25:34 AM
What an impressive f**k you to everyone else's hard work in the comic. Well done.

I'm sorry if you took it like that. My main issue with the prog is that I don't like them as physical objects, it's nothing to do with the creators involved. Indeed, I have plenty of PJ Holden books in my collection.

Surely the point of this Zenith thing is to make some extra sales. Would be a bit hard if everyone who might be interested was already slavishly purchasing every possible Rebellion product.

dweezil2

There's no excuse to be a lapsed reader, the Prog has been on excellent form for longer than I can remember, Zenith or no Zenith!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Magnetica

Maybe it's me, but I have never understood why you would be a member of a forum for a comic you don't read.

But if it brings someone back into the fold, whether that is buying the weekly Prog, some TPBs / GNs or the Mega / Ultimate Collection, then I guess that is a good thing.

Steven Denton

Not reading the prog and not buying collections and merchandise are two entirely different things. Would be a bit weird to comment on the new prog thread though.