Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: robert_ellis on 11 October, 2013, 03:48:01 PM
I'd love to see that pin-up/star scan of the punch - can anyone help with an prog number?

hmm - can't seem to find that among the 3 zenioth star scans on Barney - but here are all the Zenith covers if that's any consolation: http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=covers&page=character&choice=zenith&Comic=2000ad

opaque

Quote from: Link Prime on 11 October, 2013, 03:50:27 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 11 October, 2013, 01:48:48 AM
:( Still nothing :(

Me neither...was really looking forward to reading it this weekend.

It's Yodel, god knows where it might be.

Dash Decent

Any overseas Squaxx received their copy?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

13school

Nothing here... though being in Australia I figure it could still be a week away. But most of the overseas mail tends to arrive on a Monday, so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

The Sherman Kid

Got mine #381

Nicely done and good to have it all in one volume.

But WFT is ZZZZenith.com at the end???!!Utter dross, I must have erased it from memory as I don't recall seeing it before. It really should have been left out as it detracts from what is otherwise a good body of work.

Steve Green

Don't read it then.

I'm sure there would have been more complaints if it hadn't been included.

Skullmo

Still nothing . . .  :'(

Am I now the only person in the UK with no book?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 13 October, 2013, 10:44:32 PM
Got mine #381

Nicely done and good to have it all in one volume.

But WFT is ZZZZenith.com at the end???!!Utter dross, I must have erased it from memory as I don't recall seeing it before. It really should have been left out as it detracts from what is otherwise a good body of work.

I do agree with you about the quality, and I'm sure it was a nasty surprise if you weren't expecting it, but I'm afraid zzzzenith.com is an official sequel and does have to be there. For me, it serves as a sad lesson that the great Grant Morrison of the Zenith/Dare era did not keep writing for very long.

Colin Zeal

Rebellion would hardly have been able to market the book as "the complete Zenith" if they had left that story out.

Dunk!

Quote from: Skullmo on 13 October, 2013, 11:32:43 PM
Still nothing . . .  :'(

Am I now the only person in the UK with no book?

Nope. Fingers crossed it's today as I know there's been deliveries locally last week.
"Trust we"

matty_ae

Comparison between titan, original rebellion and this rebellion version attached.

Only blunder i can see is all the 'next week' lines are missing in book 1 - these were all song titles that bore no resemblance to the actual title of next weeks story. I could understand this in mainstream release but i think this version should have kept it.

matty_ae

Covers but no real news here - the new one is a thing of beauty

credo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 October, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: robert_ellis on 11 October, 2013, 03:48:01 PM
I'd love to see that pin-up/star scan of the punch - can anyone help with an prog number?

hmm - can't seem to find that among the 3 zenioth star scans on Barney - but here are all the Zenith covers if that's any consolation: http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=covers&page=character&choice=zenith&Comic=2000ad

After much searching, it's in Prog 1526 (so I was way out).

robert_ellis

Off to eBay to buy that prog - cheers

Dunk!

One call to the very nice helpful man at 2000ad subscriptions/Rebellion and it turns out my works liquidation has confused the driver hence no delivery.

Luckily it got returned so I can get it sent out again. Huzzah.

Crisis over. Cheers fella.

SO looking forward to this beauty.

Dunk!
"Trust we"