Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

I enjoyed the twists in the first 2 episodes of this series, and I thought all 6 of the first series were sublime. Particularly that last one.

Goaty

Finally watch latest episode 4 as away last Thursday, that was good, and twists, nice idea.

CrazyFoxMachine

Cold Comfort was easily the best this series - not a second wasted and an utterly brutal final twist. Extremely clever use of "only security camera" footage as well.

Fungus

Those league of gentleman types are extraordinary, what a great series.
'12 Days of Christine' was magnificent, marred/improved in its similarity to that Alan Moore Time Twister...

Steve Green

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 April, 2015, 11:07:21 AM
Cold Comfort was easily the best this series - not a second wasted and an utterly brutal final twist. Extremely clever use of "only security camera" footage as well.

Yep, I love the way they play within the contraints of the format.

Although looking back at the tweets about Cold Comfort on twitter - whoever's in charge of the BBC TWO must really enjoy spoiling stuff (tweeting a still of the final frame)

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Cold Comfort was really good, this is a fantastic programme, scarcely a misstep in either series.

CrazyFoxMachine

Last episode another cracker with the me being cynical about the "obvious" ending ([spoiler]I thought, Velvet Underground style, it would end abruptly with the knife being stuck straight in the cake[/spoiler]) which actually was neatly sidestepped in favour of something quite magically awkward.

Eerily the next day I met a load of family and found some of the worse characters in this to be quite well observed  ::)

Theblazeuk

I was on the edge waiting for that.....

Mardroid

Amusing little twist concerning the introductory scene!
Yeah, I really like this series. I hope they do more.

Goaty

Wooh! That final episode tonight was brilliant! Won't spoiler it!

CrazyFoxMachine

Agreed - that was brilliantly built and creepy as hell. Everything the S1 finale wasn't - ain't this good telly? :D

Steve Green

Audio commentaries on Sound Cloud, they make a thing of lining it up to the episode, but it's not hugely important if you can remember the episode, and they wander off on a tangent.

More important that they're listened to in the order they were recorded, as they refer back to previous episodes.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-reece-in9

Citi-Def_Joe

Goaty

Great news, new series will start on 27th Dec. Yep first episode about Christmas! "The Devil of Christmas"