Main Menu

2012 Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

That perfectly recreated the feel of reading those old annuals, Redbaz. I could have turned the page to find a text story about a shepherd and his loyal dog catching smugglers or a flyleaf with caricatures of Gary Glitter, Jimmy Savile and Johnathan King with oversize heads.

redbaz

Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad you liked it. Kudos need to go to Trout- his script was spot on first draft.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SmallBlueThing

This yearly thread is fast becoming the ONLY thing I like about Christmas. Sterling work everyone- all have made me either laugh or gasp or grin. Some all at once. And regarding Megabus and Redbaz/Trouty's ones- this surely is all the ammunition we need to ask some kind small press publisher out there to this year collect the entirety of this thread into a nice little printed A4 magazine form and sell in aid of some charity? I would buy several.

SBT

David Broughton

Thanks once again for the kind words regarding Dredd MGM.

BLIMEY! Baz and Mike 'Joey Dredd' is Awesome!  From the hilarious script to the lovely stylised artwork and paper weathering it is just wonderful. 

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Mike - We really need these as soon as possible. Awesome work.

Redbaz & Trout - Fantastic work, had me smiling and laughing throughout.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 09 December, 2012, 11:44:38 PM
This yearly thread is fast becoming the ONLY thing I like about Christmas. Sterling work everyone- all have made me either laugh or gasp or grin. Some all at once. And regarding Megabus and Redbaz/Trouty's ones- this surely is all the ammunition we need to ask some kind small press publisher out there to this year collect the entirety of this thread into a nice little printed A4 magazine form and sell in aid of some charity? I would buy several.

SBT

Now, that is a cracking idea! If it works, there's also previous years' calendars to provide material for future issues!

-- Mike

Pete Wells

There aren't enough words to describe howmuch i enjoyed Joey Dredd, I've looked at it dozens of times now and it still makes me smile!

And Megabus keeps on delivering in spades - what are those pesky aliens up to?

WhitBloke

RedTrout Team-Up - Laugh?  I nearly Squaxx!  Well conceived, well delivered and... oh, crikey, yes... well received fun.  Nice one!

Megabus - The gift that keeps on giving!  I'm Lovin' It.  And while I've now run out of borrowed slogans, the Mighty MGM Marathon continues...  Yes.  What are those pesky droids up to?
So this is der place then, Johnny?

LARF

Joey Dredd is brilliant!

Is it just me that finds the thought of being spanked by Hershey quite alluring?*

* ok, it's just me.

LARF

Just prepping mine for tomorrow. Does anyone know the largest image you can post without having to do a horizontal scroll?

von Boom

Mike Carroll

Quote from: LARF on 10 December, 2012, 02:22:36 PM
Just prepping mine for tomorrow. Does anyone know the largest image you can post without having to do a horizontal scroll?

My pics are 768 pixels across and pretty much fill the space. You might get away with slightly larger than that!

-- Mike

LARF

Thanks Mike

I've just saved mine down at 750px wide so I know that will fit and I'll put a link up to a larger version.

CrazyFoxMachine

Noted for mine as well, cheers Mike.

IT'S INCOMING! Sorry everyone it genuinely won't be worth the wait!