Main Menu

2012 Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Dunk! - Awesome work, fantastically detailed.
simontm - They are great, thanks for sharing.
Trout - Great work.
Archie - Fantastic.
shaolin_monkey's kids - Fantastic and really put a smile on my face.
Alski - I always look forward to your songs. I really liked Little Drummer Dredd
WhitBloke - Fantastic and insane in equal measures.
simontm - Fantastic.

WhitBloke

I'll admit it.  I just wanted to see the Dictators of Zrag getting punked down again and the rest just sort of sprawled out from there.
Thanks very much indeed for your kind comments, gents.  I'm positively bloated with praise.  Monday is usually Misanthropy Day here in the WhitCave but you've all gone and ruined that for me with your reception of Second Class Santa.  You rotters!
Seriously, though, I'm chuffed to bits that the strip has hit the mark in the loony bananas crossover retro homage sort of way I was aiming for.  Not sure the pointy hat gag exactly qualifies as 'genius,' TordelPenge, but... hey... it would be downright rude to argue with praise like that so I guess I'll take it!  (Thanks!)

Very, very glad that you liked it, gents.  Thanks again, Megabus, for kindly playing along and thanks also to Lee Carter for giving me his nod of approval.

Seven more days of this jigsaw juggernaut of festive thrills.  What can I say but...  Roll on tomorrow!

*Waddles off singing, some shooting and a chase... parupapumpum...*
So this is der place then, Johnny?

David Broughton

Hi Whitbloke, your comic strip was way out there...loved it!  Likewise the Judge Death santa piccy by simontm, very festdeath!

shaolin_monkey

Brilliant stuff everyone! The Dredd Drummer Boy was excellent.  Breaking the fourth wall in your strip was so funny Whitbloke.  Very funny Death simontm!

Thanks for the comments re my kids pics.  They are all really chuffed you enjoyed them.  I have to say, I was seriously impressed with Freya's Dredd. I know I'm biased, but still - seven yrs old FFS!  Maybe we'll see her work in 2000AD in a couple of decades!

von Boom

Yet another great page from megabus.

I promise I've been good simontm. Sooo good.

Dash Decent

Pleased to see Santa isn't being killed off as much as last year.  In fact, if this gets a small press publication the cover strapline should read "50% less Santa murders".

(Okay grammarians, I know that should be 'fewer' not 'less'.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jon

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 December, 2012, 08:53:13 PM
Pleased to see Santa isn't being killed off as much as last year.  In fact, if this gets a small press publication the cover strapline should read "50% less Santa murders".

Oh dear...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nothing wrong with a bit of Santa slaughter.

Lock up your spoons!

shaolin_monkey

WhitBloke

Jon/Enigmatic Dr X - And now we surely all know why we eventually 'let slip' that Santa isn't real.  Better the children come to believe that he doesn't exist than know the full scope of such tyrannical evil.   :-X  :D  That's a corker of a sweet-and-sour strip, guys.  Punchy, gritty and funny all at once.  (All man, indeed!)  Or to put it another way, Santa clearly deserves all the stabbings, shootings and block war comeuppances we can muster!  :)
So this is der place then, Johnny?

LARF

Daveycandlish

Very good work today Dr X and Jon. Lovely!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Monarch

you may you have wondered what happened to my entry...sadly I kinda suffered several computer deaths and couldn't get it done...

sorry

Kerrin

Brilliant work Jon and Doc X!

Dobby gets cuckolded by a man who is quite literally a dickhead. Hur.