Main Menu

2012 Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Broughton

Shaolin,  great xmas story.  I'm going to read it again later.

Loved the festive piccy from Bhuna and Dirk.

Great Buttonman page from Conor and Lizzie Boyle.

Daveycandlish

That Button Man page is great - prog worthy!
Looking forward to the finale of Megabus' story - been great!

Everyone else - kudos  :thumbsup:
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

von Boom

What a great day for the calendar. Simply great everyone.

Trout

Love that wee film, CF! But what was in the bix? Was it Marsellus Wallace's soul?  ;)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Enigmatic Dr X &  Jon - Darkly brilliant.
Blackmocco - Great work.
Bolt, Lee Robson and Bryan Coyle - Really enjoyed that.
WhitBloke - Horrific, I loved it.
shaolin_monkey - Fantastic work.
Bhuna - Fantastic and great likeness.
Uncle Fester and Lady Festina - That was awesome.
flip-r mk2 - Fantastic and gave me a big smile.
CF & Steve Green - Awesome.

Steve Green

Orignally it was going to be Greggs wrapping paper... But I couldn't do that to Pete.

Trout

Quote from: Steve Green on 23 December, 2012, 04:20:28 PM
Orignally it was going to be Greggs wrapping paper... But I couldn't do that to Pete.

It's extremely cool.

Of course, I would have had Judge Burdis eaten by a (small plastic) dinosaur.  ;)

Steve Green

Steve Green

Oh and thanks to Mr Carroll for the font.

TordelBack

Hah, that was brilliant!  I'm just very grateful that it wasn't the first screen adaptation of 'In The Bath'.

Trout

Quote from: Big Barry PengeBack on 23 December, 2012, 05:29:52 PM
Hah, that was brilliant!  I'm just very grateful that it wasn't the first screen adaptation of 'In The Bath'.

Oh no. Now that idea is in the wild, there is no stopping it...

Dash Decent

I didn't realise KTTs came in such big boxes, CF!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Pete Wells

What a stunning few days for the calendar, thank you to all for the festive goodies!

It's been a few days since I've gushed and I won't leave anyone out so:

Every day - Megabus: This strip has been epic and scale and delivery. I don't want it to end!
17th - Whitbloke: Grey Area vs. the rest of 2000AD, sheer brilliance! I was giggling throughout!
17th - Simontm: Yikes! Very scary!
19th - Jon and Dr X: Prog-worthy material there. I loved some of the details in that big splash picture, particularly the Space Spinner, lawgiver and badge.
20th - Leahy Block - I know Gavin is going to do this every year and it STILL gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Just wonderful!
21st - Blackmocco - Torque Claus is naaasty!
21st - The Robson and Coyle Droids: Holy shit! That was Ezquerra-tastic!
21st - Whitbloke (again!): Another cracker. Poor Santa always gets a kicking on the board!
22nd - Shaolin Monkey: A brilliantly written tale, very uplifting! That last line was a classic!
22nd - Bhuna: Disgraceful! I like it!
22nd - The Festive Festers: WOW!!! The could have been Wagner and Ranson, it was amazing. I think I've read it about 10 times now!
23rd - Flip-r-mk2: Nekkie Dirty Frank angels made my heart soar.
23rd - Green and Burdis: Oh my life! That was AMAZING!!! Favourite parts had to be long, lingering shots of Burdis polishing his helmet and the gratuitous crotch shot - that's everything that's wrong with Christmas-based, advent fan films today! I also wondered if my (not YOURS Burdis!) KTT was in the box. Steve and J-Bizzle, I doff my cloth northern cloth cap to you, there's raising the bar and there's gruddamn raising the bar!!!

Roll on tomorrow - I'm up to NINE sketches from the Pro's and I promise, some of 'em will knock your socks off!

Dash Decent

It's the 24th here in Oz so I've posted my lot.  I had a lot of fun doing them, so I hope no one minds me mail-bombing the forum again this year.  I'll just add all the unused ideas to the list for next year!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what else is lined up for us today.  This is a GREAT forum! Thank you everyone, and a big thanks to Rebellion for the love they show in keeping 2000AD going at such a high standard, and for giving us this space to play in too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

David Broughton

Flip-R ,K2,  your Dirty Frank snow angel made me chuckle as did Dash Decent's gags.

John and Steve, loved you short Vid it was just....Genius!