Main Menu

Why was I banned?

Started by ABCwarBOT, 31 January, 2011, 11:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Also, don't forget that this is the official 2000 AD website which is run by Rebellion.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dog Deever

yes, but- to be fair- the bike is a bit shit and, tbh, looks nothing like a lawmaster at all.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Mark Taylor

Personally I think Rebellion are being remarkably tolerant. They're a for-profit company, not a charity, and they clearly have a vested interest in the success of the new Dredd movie. It's hardly in their interests to provide a platform for people to slag it off before it's even finished filming.

I've certainly seen other forums which take a far harder line, and have clauses in their posting guidelines along the lines of "This forum is for fans of X so if you're here just to slag it off you'll get banned".

Michaelvk

As has been discussed elsewhere, this is the film makers interpretation of Dredd. The bike fits within this world. The comic version would look horribly out of place. We weren't all that sure about the bike either at first, but when the bigger picture emerged, it made sense.

Making the same comment on something seen completely out of context will end up annoying someone enough to take a precautionary measure. Don't get miffed at those that unplugged you for 3 days, be miffed with the one that ruined it for everyone else in the past.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

NSFTM

As pointed out rebellion is a for profit organization and as loyal customers I'm sure we're allowed an opinion through their official channels (forums, twitter etc).

I would also hope that creators are thick skinned enough to take a bit of 'constructive' feedback..somehow I can't imagine Tharg crying into his polystyrene cups because someone called him a 'loozer' online
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ANDY T on 01 February, 2011, 09:39:55 AM
As pointed out rebellion is a for profit organization and as loyal customers I'm sure we're allowed an opinion through their official channels (forums, twitter etc).

We were and are. Nothing's ever changed in that regard.

Quote from: ANDY T on 01 February, 2011, 09:39:55 AMI would also hope that creators are thick skinned enough to take a bit of 'constructive' feedback..somehow I can't imagine Tharg crying into his polystyrene cups because someone called him a 'loozer' online.

Somtimes the negative stuff is  never "constructive" but a jab.

TordelBack

Some of our most prolific members have been very critical of what they've seen from the set of the new movie, and not necessarily in a constructive way. The difference is that their criticisms were made in the context of a discussion and a broader posting pattern, not just popping up and repeatedly saying "it's shit" (you're only allowed to do this in relation to Mark Millar).  Almost everywhere else I've been on this internet thing has had mod-operated guidelines about what sort of posting is acceptable, or desirable, by both the host and the community.  It's not always something I like, but it's reality.  And as others have said, nothing's stopping ardent critics starting a blog called Dredd Movie Lawmaster Looks Shit!, unless of course they happen to present publicly available information about the movie in an organised, positive format, in which case beware...

radiator

Whether you get banned or not, if all your posts are relentlessly negative (and especially if you make sweeping judgements based on blurry, out of context photos) you're just going to end up on the majority of people's 'ignore' lists and no-one will be listening to you anyway.

QuoteJust looks like normal posting to me.  The type of thing that you see on most forums

I'm very glad that this place largely isn't like most other forum on the internet - trawling the forums on, say, AICN just makes me despair.

The way I see it is; criticism is fine, but remember that Rebellion staff, 2000ad writers and artists, and people who are working or have worked on the film all read this board even if they do not post - so keep this in mind.

JOE SOAP

We're the blissfully happy medium between AICN and another forum I know where I was warned for using the word shit...I only post here now.

Richmond Clements

Quoteshit

Hey- watch the fucking language.

JOE SOAP

Radbacker

AICN forum  :o :o that way lies hell trust me, but it is fun to read sometimes.

CU Radbacker

Beeks

Come On!

This isn't a democracy it's a privately run forum!  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Beeks on 01 February, 2011, 11:02:24 AM
Come On!

This isn't a democracy it's a privately run forum!  :lol:

Exactly. If I owned a forum I'd kick people out for annoying me (at least if they made a habit of it). Rebellion are actually nicer than I would be.

nicklarr

QuoteWe're talking established things here.  People expect Dredd to look like Dredd and they expect the lawmaster to actually look like a lawmaster not some puny bland monstrosity.  That's an everyday bike with some bits stuck on it in a vain attempt to make it look futuristic.  It gets worse the more I look at it.  

And is it just me but look how dangerous it would be to ride that bike.  Those handlebars look like they're from a childs tricycle.  

The hands are so close together one false turn and that fat looking Dredd would be eating gravel.

The way this film is going it won't even be in 1D.  It'll either be straight to dvd or shown in about 2 arthouse cinema's.  

Definitely!  There's no getting around it from those 2 pics side by side.  2 Dredd productions and the expensive one is with the guy wearing the biking boots (which were bought in the local bike shop) riding a Lambretta.

It is amazing isn't it.  Minty gets most things spot on (from what we've seen anyway) and yet a bunch of film makers with 45 million churn that out.  Pathetic!  I don't think any amount of cgi backdrops will make that look any better.  Both Dredd and the bike look like they should be in an amateur production.

Let's not make excuses for it......it looks rubbish.  Looks like they've got a fairly ordinary looking bike and stuck a big piece of painted wood on the front plus a gun or two.  That Minty one looks a million times better.  Are these film makers smoking crack or something?

I can't believe anyone's sticking up for that.  It looks cheap.  It also looks like one of those bikes you'd see at a downmarket custom type show.  Dredd's bike should look expensive, BIG and he should look like he's sitting on a whacking great chopper with his hands further up in the air on higher handlebars.  He shouldn't look like he's riding a flippin scooter.  

First of all the uniform looks cheap and not much like the comics (apart from the helmet) and now this cheap looking bike.

I'm losing faith in this production fast.

Annoying whining: 3 days in the cubes - CREEP!  :lol: