Main Menu

The Progmuda Triangle

Started by Tjm86, 21 September, 2019, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Leigh S

CalHab

Still no prog up in my corner of Cal-Hab. I wonder if it'll get back to Saturday/Monday deliveries after Christmas, or is this the new normal?

Bolt-01

I'm beginning to think this is a deliberate ploy by TMO to help strengthen us for the gap between progs over the festivities.

He's testing our resilience at extended Thrill-Power withdrawal...

Proudhuff

Nort Berwick still progless, will see the cover in FP today at least... :(
DDT did a job on me

Daveycandlish

Still waiting here in the homeland of the Greggs pasty...  :(
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Leigh S

Arrived here, so no Thursday progs as yet..... but a heck of Wednesday ones

CalHab

Similarly, mine arrived yesterday.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Well excited tore open the compostable envelop containing the Prog - unexpectantly arrived on Saturday during this X-Mas period only to discover it was the subscriber Poster Prog... which looks very nice I have to say but isn't the Prog.

moly

Received this weeks prog today which is a first for a few weeks now

Tjm86

This is either the third or fourth week in a row again.  I think if it is a case of this is going to be the norm due to logistics with the printer then clarification would be helpful.

As it is I am now going with the expectation that it will turn up either tuesday or wednesday now and if it turns up earlier it is a bonus.

Jim_Campbell

For the first time in several weeks, my prog arrived on Saturday, as is right and proper. I don't think the issues can have been related to the printing of the prog, simply because it's been arriving on the high street shelves on time (I assume?).

I suspect we have to point the finger at the postal service, which seems to have been struggling generally if the arrival of stuff I've ordered online over the last few weeks is anything to go by.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Robin Low

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 December, 2019, 09:49:45 AM
For the first time in several weeks, my prog arrived on Saturday, as is right and proper. I don't think the issues can have been related to the printing of the prog, simply because it's been arriving on the high street shelves on time (I assume?).

Prog 2159 didn't turn up at my local Smiths and I ended up having to order one of the recent Guatemala issues from the 2000AD shop. Menzies usually gets the blame.

I keep thinking about going digital. It goes against my general principles, but I've boxes full of progs that never get taken out of the garage (yes, not good, I know) and lack of space is a problem. The fact that so many of my favourite artists (who would benefit from the larger format) are either retired or passed on is making me reluctant to keep paying for a paper copy.

Regards,

Robin

IndigoPrime

What Jim said. Royal Mail is garbage right now. Our local is randomly stacking. And it's not just the Prog. Mini-G's Phoenix, which used to arrive like clockwork every single Friday, now rocks up on Saturday or Monday.

As for digital vs paper, my Progs and Megs are all under the spare room bed. I think I run out of room in a year. Not sure what happens after that.