Main Menu

GTA 4

Started by LARF, 30 March, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Quote from: "Keef Monkey"Well it's the first game to come out that I've worked on since I started at Rockstar, so I'm well chuffed.
Cor, good on yer mate. Nice job. As a man in the know (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) are there any plans to release an expansion pack for the PS3? I know Microsoft have the rights for the downloadable expansions but will PS3 users get anything? Totally understand if answering this is against policy, but you can tell me, can't you? I won't tell anyone. Honest.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: "Kerrin"
Quote from: "Keef Monkey"Well it's the first game to come out that I've worked on since I started at Rockstar, so I'm well chuffed.
Cor, good on yer mate. Nice job. As a man in the know (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) are there any plans to release an expansion pack for the PS3? I know Microsoft have the rights for the downloadable expansions but will PS3 users get anything? Totally understand if answering this is against policy, but you can tell me, can't you? I won't tell anyone. Honest.

Afraid I couldn't possibly comment, which is easy in this instance because I genuinely don't know! Nice try though...

Pete Wells

Hey Keef, congrats on what sounds like a brilliant job! I'm desperate to download the new episode but am gonna have to wait till Friday, glorious payday!

Something Fishy

Are you a programmer Keef?

Keef Monkey

Nothing that snazzy, I'm a QA tester. Not been there long either so didn't mean to give the impression I'm a big cheese there or anything! You're in games too are you not (think I remember you mentioning it in another thread at some point)?

Something Fishy

Quote from: "Keef Monkey"Nothing that snazzy, I'm a QA tester. Not been there long either so didn't mean to give the impression I'm a big cheese there or anything! You're in games too are you not (think I remember you mentioning it in another thread at some point)?

Nah. I used to write them for fun a long long time ago before Uni (and during a bit but that was mostly playing with A.I routines).  Back when i graduated there wasn't much of a games industry though.  I had a chance to go to Code Masters but took the "sensible" route at the time and went to IBM (it wasa better career move back then).

I still code at times but haven't written games in years.  I keep an interest in what's going on but that's about it.

Sounds a good job mate, well done onthe first game.

satchmo

Finally managed to download it last night, first impression was it reminded me of The Warriors, it's great fun having your own gang! Johnny is a cool guy. The new bike handling is superb.
V slight character based spoiler: [spoiler]I don't like you Billy. You're going down sunshine.[/spoiler]
I'm sure there were one or two other people involved, but well done Keef!

Pete Wells

Yeah, I got it last night too and it's fantastic. As ever, the script and characterisation is top notch - I hate Billy already and can see him leading me and the rest of the gang to the memorial wall! I checked my emails in TW@ and it looks like some of the gang think the same, we could be headed for a heart wrenching, all mighty rumble.

Riding in formation to increase your health is inspired, it really makes you feel part of the gang. As does calling for back up on your mobile when things get tough!

I'm early on in the game but I've just listened to [spoiler]Jonny's Eulogy from Billy[/spoiler], a brilliant way to cross over with Nico's story. Excellent stuff, wonderfully immersive.

I'm off to shoot some corrupt cops!

I, Cosh

Just started playing this and I'm finding the drving really difficult in comparison to previous GTA games. To the point that I'm almost not enjoying the game because of it.
We never really die.

uncle fester

The controls are a lot more responsive when driving then in previous games, I found.
I got past it by easing off on the buttons when hooning it round corners. It seemed to work for me anyway.

- Unless you're in a 'Sabre' of course. That car is the exception and just will not drive in a straight line!

Hope this helps. It really will be worth your while persevering! 

Which reminds me, I still haven't finished this game. (I got distracted collecting Lamborghinis and then Batman Arkham Asylum came along...)

Professor Bear

I gave up playing this ages ago, but found myself playing San Andreas during the week yet again.  "You're on... the Dust."  Yes.  I certainly am.
I found GTA4 too much like its imitators - lifting the GPS from Scarface helps that impression along - and the thing about the GTA imitators was that I didn't like them that much because they weren't as much fun.  GTA4 feels like someone ironed out most of the bugs from The Getaway: Black Monday and it's certainly impressive - it just takes itself too seriously for my liking, radio chatter and Halo-bashing cartoon shows or not.
Online deathmatch is a blast, though.

ThryllSeekyr

I messing around with Liberty City and San Andreas on the PSTwo about a fortnight ago and remarked how easy it is to ding your car.

Mind you, it's also very easy to speed and try bypass the slower moving traffic, and I guess some ways it's most realistic that way. Otherwise it feels dead slow.

Concerning GTAIV. I purchased the download of this through Steam last December and my computer was not up to specs.

Not sure If I still have the download as I had given my machine agood clean. Removing all unnesssary files and think I might given that one the heave ho.

Pity, as it might have worked beutifully on the other machine my father riletting me use right now.

Not sure if can share a Steam account on two machines though.

VinceBot

You can have a copy of any game and that account on as many machines as you please, you just can't be logged in to steam on more than one machine at any one time.

E: to clarify; If you're logged into steam on Machine A and then fire up steam on Machine B and login to the same account, Machine A will disconnect from steam.