Main Menu

Your favourite fights.....

Started by the shutdown man, 13 March, 2008, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Albert Finney vs. various mobsters in MILLERS CROSSING ("Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling...").

The opening of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.  And the climaxes of FISTFUL OF DOLLARS ("When a man with a rifle meets a man with a pistol..."), FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE ("Ding Ding Ding DIng Di Ding Ding Di Ding") and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY (just the perfect example of how to build up tension).

The Cave Troll in FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING.  Fantastic action and still manages to squeeze an ounce of characterisation out of the cave troll.

The big fight against the Uruk Hai at the end of Fellowship.

I think these two smaller scale fights knock the bigger battles of the other two films out of the ring (though I do still well up as the riders of Rohan prepare to charge).

Comics - agree with the Dark Knight Return. Not only cool as anything but had a lot of "Yeah, Batman would fight dirty and wipe the floor with him").

There's a lot of good stuff in BOND but I particularly like 007 vs 006 at the end of GOLDENEYE and 007 vs Red Grant in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

ZULU - well, practically the whole film.

PREDATOR - where Arnie's guys take out the rebel camp.

I really liked the Spinosaurus v. the T-Rex in JP III (which, though I realise couldn't exist in the form it does without the scene setting of the first two films, I still think is way better than them just because it's a straight out chase movie. with dinosaurs).

First appearance of Batman in BATMAN BEGINS - I thought this made you understand why people would be frightened of him - it was like there was a monster in among the crates taking our the perps.

John Wayne - the Quiet Man always get s quoted but for the life of me, I can't remember it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!