Main Menu

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Started by Tiplodocus, 12 May, 2010, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

OK I'm late to the party but I right enjoyed this (after a shaky start).  Sort of like a Mexican version of the Inbetweeners except they have a bit of success.

Some great imagery (though not much the mexican tourist board would like), a fantastic sense of an entire other world full of rich lives just sitting off to the side (and ignored by the two main boys) and some lovely sub-text with all of the under the surface swimming.

The look on Luisa's face (almost slyly to the camera) [spoiler]after the disappointing fumble [/spoiler] with Julio in the car is priceless.

With the title, I was thinking of Roger as I watched it (especially the bit at the end where [spoiler]the boys gay up[/spoiler]. Maybe one day that will be me and him.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Minkyboy

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 May, 2010, 08:31:30 PM
With the title, I was thinking of Roger as I watched it (especially the bit at the end where [spoiler]the boys gay up[/spoiler]. Maybe one day that will be me and him.

Great. Now I have to find a way to get my brain out of my skull to SCRUB THAT THOUGHT FROM MY MIND FOREVER.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

dweezil2

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 May, 2010, 08:31:30 PM
OK I'm late to the party but I right enjoyed this (after a shaky start).  Sort of like a Mexican version of the Inbetweeners except they have a bit of success.

Some great imagery (though not much the mexican tourist board would like), a fantastic sense of an entire other world full of rich lives just sitting off to the side (and ignored by the two main boys) and some lovely sub-text with all of the under the surface swimming.

The look on Luisa's face (almost slyly to the camera) [spoiler]after the disappointing fumble [/spoiler] with Julio in the car is priceless.

For some more Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal goodness check out the excellent Amores perros.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

CrazyFoxMachine

Agreed. Amores Perros is LITERALLY the bomb.