Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

sad but true,

average age of boarders, average disposable income of said age group.
means this is not going to be cheap so to speak.

but i hold my hand up and say I WILL BUY!

little lite on the ground with details though. i want to know what, who,when and how to get my grubby little paws on them. PLEASE!

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

i find it frustrating,

their website is not the finest, , it is difficult to contact them. get on the mailing list etc,
I live very close by in real terms,Singapore/Hong kong. not really looking to go via London for the shipping.

while with all my heart i wish to be in the loop,
making it a task to get on the list, is not a the worlds finest way to run a business.
if this is the process, it will be ONLY THE FANS whom bother to make the effort to .
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ming

Hey DD, read the rest of the thread and you'll pick up some bits and pieces - as much as we know at this stage.  That's fairly little really, but that's the 3A way - a few hints and sneak views then craploads of good stuff to pick up (at least this is the way the other lines have been lately).

As for shipping, if the 2000AD line is made available through Bambaland (http://www.bambalandstore.com/) then prices include worldwide shipping (and marking as gift is no problem).  Hopefully these will hit retailers as well, but Bambaland would make things simple.

Timing is a mystery, as is pricing.  Hopefully Tharg will land soon, but how frequently other characters will follow is anyone's guess.  For pricing, we had one $80 (shipping included) human figure (1/6th scale, 12") in January and one at $150 last week (plus varying sizes of 1/6 'bots around $100-250), so that *might* give some indication, but maybe not.  Bigger, more complicated figures will cost more (Mek-quake?  Big George?) but we'll need to wait and see what gets made.

Anyway, I'd say Don't Panic and Try to be Patient if I thought it would help. ;)

If anyone needs any specific help with any questions, p.m. me or just ask here and I'll do what I can.

mogzilla

wanting but probably not getting if there going to be over the £40 mark low earner with four year old nuff sed. :(

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: ming on 13 February, 2010, 12:47:28 PM
Anyway, I'd say Don't Panic and Try to be Patient if I thought it would help. ;)

It wouldn't help, we're like a pack of hyenas. We've been fed a tasty morsel and we want the kill as soon as possible to get the meaty prize

Mardroid

Quote from: mogzilla on 13 February, 2010, 02:31:29 PM
wanting but probably not getting if there going to be over the £40 mark low earner with four year old nuff sed. :(

Same here. Well not the four year old bit. ;)

I can sort of understand the prices in that they seem to be big figures though. I'd happily buy something small if it was fairly well detailed though.

ming

No 'news' news, but a few recent comments I thought people might be interested in.  Gives a bit of an insight, at least...

From Ashley Wood on the 2000AD thread at the 3A forum:

"ABC-ers will rock, the Mongrel ( with the Mess ) is first, Then Old Red Eyes.. "

"if the line does well, ill make a george, not to too exact scale, maybe a 20" version or so.

re para-mongrel, if it was a simple colorway I would, but the body is different, and would require new sculpting and tooling etc. short term just the fatboy mongrel ! but hey, if the demand is there, I will make it happen."

"mean machine is shaping up to be a killer fig.... KILLER !"

:D

uncle fester

Mikey

swoon
Thump!

Wha...? It's Ok, I'm back on my feet again.

swoon etc

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

Stop it!

I know, why doesn't Ashley do a blog and show us these as they are being made, step by step (there's nothing on the 3A site like it). It would quench my thirst ;)

mogzilla

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 February, 2010, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 13 February, 2010, 02:31:29 PM

Same here. Well not the four year old bit. ;)

I can sort of understand the prices in that they seem to be big figures though. I'd happily buy something small if it was fairly well detailed though.

surely they could do something in the 7- 8 inch scale along the lines of the mezco hellboy stuff making them big enough to collect but without the hefty price tag.

TordelBack

Quote from: ming on 15 February, 2010, 12:54:16 PM
"ABC-ers will rock, the Mongrel ( with the Mess ) is first, Then Old Red Eyes.. "

Holy crap.  How much do kidneys fetch these days, anyway?   I know you can just about get by with just the one, but there's no way I could survive long without owning these.  Anyone fancy a left testicle?  Guaranteed to make cute kids!

mogzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 February, 2010, 04:27:14 PM
Quote from: ming on 15 February, 2010, 12:54:16 PM

Holy crap.  How much do kidneys fetch these days, anyway?   I know you can just about get by with just the one, but there's no way I could survive long without owning these.  Anyone fancy a left testicle?  Guaranteed to make cute kids!

got a left one could use a right one tho... :o

Cthulouis

But, but, there'l be a Mek-Quake that will be big enough for all the others to ride around in, right?

Mike Gloady

There had fucking better be.

I can live without Dredd, Tharg or Johnny Alpha if I know they're going to do the ABCs including Mek-Quake & Ro-Jaws.  Happy Shrapnel & Steelhorn I can live without, they're just a tiny bit dull.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever