Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

I'll see what I can do, but Ash won't really be able to comment much about stuff in production.  I'll see if he's willing to share some insights into what led to him seeking the licence for the 3A x 2000AD line and what inspires him; stuff like that might be manageable, but he's hard to pin down so it might all come to nothing.

Anyway, a few more snippets of info - as just posted on the 2000 3AD Facebook page:

Borag Thungg, people.

Latest snippets from Ash via the 3A forum (Ash-isms and typos left in for posterity):

"all the 2000ad is under review we have around 6 toys in production, and until its all naile ddown and rebellion are fine with it, I cant say much, Im kinda wary of discussing stuff that im not directly creating or re imagining IP like the ****** project. Ill speak crap about my stuff willy nilly 1"

As for the question of a classic Ro-Busters head for Hammerstein:

"I dunno, maybe the bamba version will, only one head for now, the ABC warrior version."

But...

"I want a Ro busters head too !"

Will it happen? Dunno.

Should it? Of course! It would bring Vinglop Hudsock to so many that it's a no brainer. Can't play Ro-Busters without Hammerstein's 'new' head, and since we have Ro-Jaws already...

Steve Green

A suggestion.

What would be quite a nice compromise is (if the obstacle is the cost of tooling for props) to release digital files which people can 3D print of those props.

They wouldn't have much use without the figure, and just make sure the head is removable on the figure (in this case).

The price of 3D printing is only going to come down.

Mikey

Another snippet just in from Ashley Wood...

re 2000ad, as mentioned over time, Hammerstein, joe pinapples, rogue, Johnny alpha, dredd, Black blood and Mean machine and some others but I cannot say yet

I think Tharg should make them show us some pictures and spill more thrill-beans!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dunk!

Quote from: Mikey on 05 February, 2013, 09:30:03 AM
re 2000ad, as mentioned over time, Hammerstein, joe pinapples, rogue, Johnny alpha, dredd, Black blood and Mean machine and some others but I cannot say yet

All of those names make me a happy camper (and scare my wallet somewhat) but one especially brings joy...

Ssssssssss.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

dweezil2

Great to hear that the 3A 2000ad line is a going concern.

Really hope that Dredd Lawmaster, Anderson and Dark Judges make an appearance in the not too distant future.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mikey

Quote from: Dunk! on 05 February, 2013, 09:40:55 AM
Ssssssssss.

Heh! I couldn't agree more! I should have said it was my emphasis on Blackblood above for that very reason.

M.

ming

Yeah, great to see Ash confirm that all these are in the works.  A bit of repetitive questioning (Would you like a cup of tea, Father Ted?  Ah, go on.  Go on, go on, go on...) paid off...

Any more specific questions for Ash regarding the 2000AD stuff?  Drop 'em in the 'Ask' thread on the 3A forum or I can copy and paste them from here.

Ssssssss...

:)

ming

K33F - any chance of an update about any progress renegotiating the 3A x 2000AD licence?  It's been unnervingly quiet this year and if the line is officially dead in the water, it would be nice to hear about it from an official source.

Tharg, Mongrol & Ro-Jaws are fantastic but I'm still hoping for more!

Mikey

Yeah, what he said - any tidbits would be warmly welcomed in this season of giving!

MONGROL DEMAND NEWS!

M.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: ming on 10 December, 2013, 12:55:54 PM
K33F - any chance of an update about any progress renegotiating the 3A x 2000AD licence?  It's been unnervingly quiet this year and if the line is officially dead in the water, it would be nice to hear about it from an official source.

I would like to know myself - after a brief, but productive conversation at San Diego it has gone quiet from their end.

ming

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 10 December, 2013, 03:39:52 PM
Quote from: ming on 10 December, 2013, 12:55:54 PM

I would like to know myself - after a brief, but productive conversation at San Diego it has gone quiet from their end.

Cheers, K33F - I'll see if I can persuade someone to get their finger out at their end...  ;)

dweezil2

Yeah more news would be great!

I want my toy Lawmaster Gruddamnit!    :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Mikey

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 10 December, 2013, 03:39:52 PM

Could you not get TMO to, I don't know, displace himself over there with Mek-Quake or something? At the very least a Rigellian Hotshot!

M.

JOE SOAP

At least squeeze a Dredd out. It'll sell.