Main Menu

No Dredd Vs Death on Xbox Live?

Started by cheetor, 14 April, 2011, 08:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheetor

With the Dredd movie coming up next year I assume that there will be a tie-in video game.  I cant wait.  I loved the Rogue Trooper game from a few years back and I enjoyed Dredd Vs Death too.

I dug my Gamecube copy of Dredd vs Death out last weekend and played twenty minutes of it on the (backwards compatible) Wii and enjoyed it.

It strikes me as something well suited to be made available for download on Xbox live.  If it was then I could get to play all of the multi player games of it that I never got to play back in those pre-console online gaming days.  I would happily pick up a copy on Xbox live and play the whole thing through again, as would friends of mine.  It wouldnt be bad publicity in advance of the new movie (and presumably new game) release next year either.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for something like this?  I can hope, right?  I mean, sometimes good things do happen to Dredd  fans, right?

JOE SOAP

Pyroxian

The original X-box version should run on the 360 according to Wikipedia, so you could always try and find a copy of that.

Keef Monkey

I've got an Xbox copy and it runs fine on 360.

cheetor

Quote from: Pyroxian on 14 April, 2011, 10:14:32 AM
The original X-box version should run on the 360 according to Wikipedia, so you could always try and find a copy of that.

I didnt know that the 360 was backwards compatible, thanks.

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 April, 2011, 10:36:05 AM
I've got an Xbox copy and it runs fine on 360.

Do you know if it can be played online via XBL?  I didnt have an original Xbox but towards the end of its run it was possible to play online with it, wasnt it?

For me the appeal of having the game available on XBL is that myself and couple of my laspsed squaxx buddies could give it a go without much hassle by simply downloading it.  My disorganised mates sorting out their own hard copies of an eight year old game just isnt very likely to happen Im afraid (the big losers) :)

Keef Monkey

Nah, multiplayer is split-screen only I think. It would be nice to play it co-op mind you. Does anyone know if the PC version has online co-op? I know it's really cheap on Steam.

WhizzBang

No original XBox games can be played on XBox Live anymore