Main Menu

Day of Chaos 2: a.Covid-19 thread.

Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

He admitted at least twice to breaking the law. Still, Tory MPs seem happy.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 May, 2020, 10:09:16 PM
He admitted at least twice to breaking the law. Still, Tory MPs seem happy.

Well, why wouldn't they. He is the Tory party these days - if he's happy, they're happy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

So against a backdrop of 63,000 dead according to FT analysis, and pretty much every medical and healthcare institution decrying the actions of government as catastrophic, we have a weasel who helped make the rules, headed a huge PR campaign to get everyone to stay at home, and then flouted the rules as if he was somehow special, creating a real 'us and them' feeling, which will no doubt lead to more infections and deaths down the line, as folk think "If the government can't follow their own rules, why should I?"

One Conservative MP has enough moral fortitude to resign his position and head to the backbenches, at least.  Maybe more will follow.

It's so hard to separate the politics from the biggest healthcare disaster in over a century, isn't it?  Largely because the government are completely responsible for this clusterfuck.

JayzusB.Christ

Meanwhile Johnson regrets the 'confusion' caused by Cummings' actions, because You People aren't sophisticated enough to understand which particular laws can be broken willy-nilly.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CalHab

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 26 May, 2020, 09:58:01 AM
One Conservative MP has enough moral fortitude to resign his position and head to the backbenches, at least.  Maybe more will follow.

Yes, fair play to Douglas Ross. I'm not a fan, but he was right to resign in this case. His constituents are livid.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 May, 2020, 10:38:46 AM
Meanwhile Johnson regrets the 'confusion' caused by Cummings' actions, because You People aren't sophisticated enough to understand which particular laws can be broken willy-nilly.
He regrets the proles not knowing their place. Cummings is allowed to break the law, but we are not. It's really that simple. I just wish he'd have the balls to come out and say it.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 May, 2020, 11:13:07 AM
He regrets the proles not knowing their place. Cummings is allowed to break the law, but we are not. It's really that simple. I just wish he'd have the balls to come out and say it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's come up on this thread or the main politics thread, but one of the main elements of a sincere apology is to regret what you've done.  Not regret how other people feel about what you've done - that's shifting the blame to them.

shaolin_monkey

Thanks to Steve Green for the idea.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: sheridan on 26 May, 2020, 12:40:08 PMI wouldn't be surprised if it's come up on this thread or the main politics thread, but one of the main elements of a sincere apology is to regret what you've done.  Not regret how other people feel about what you've done - that's shifting the blame to them.
Which is a problem if you're both incapable of telling the truth and also incapable of apologising.

Colin YNWA

Okay well shaolin_money is a genius - can I steal that for Facebook?

shaolin_monkey

Colin YNWA

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 May, 2020, 11:13:07 AM

That's the thing. There is no confusion, Boris, you patronising prick. How the law works is clearer than ever.

TordelBack

Magnificent use of one of my all-time favourite cmics spreads.  Brilliant work, SM.

JayzusB.Christ

It's outstanding alright! I'll be sharing too