Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 17 January, 2016, 09:41:24 AM
Good god no that is long gone. Sophie is into Barbies life in the dream house on Netflix. That has got to be the most god awful piece of garbage I have ever watched.

Happily my own little girl's Frozen and Tinkerbell phase morphed into PowerPuff Girls and Breadwinners, with only occasional MLP. Unfortunately my son enjoys a bit of Barbie on the QT so it's not all plain sailing. Good to see you back, V - what did ya make of TFA?

vzzbux

Loved it, so did the lad. Plenty of similarities to ANH but will give the benefit of the doubt to see where the next two films go. Just waiting for the Rogue Squadron film now.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Hawkmumbler

Ah come now Tordela, your son's into Barbie so what? So long as he's happy! Get him onto Powerpuff girls ASAP mind you!

And the answer is Buttercup, BTW.

vzzbux

Quote from: Tordelback on 17 January, 2016, 09:57:48 AM
Quote from: vzzbux on 17 January, 2016, 09:41:24 AM
Good god no that is long gone. Sophie is into Barbies life in the dream house on Netflix. That has got to be the most god awful piece of garbage I have ever watched.

Happily my own little girl's Frozen and Tinkerbell phase morphed into PowerPuff Girls and Breadwinners, with only occasional MLP. Unfortunately my son enjoys a bit of Barbie on the QT so it's not all plain sailing. Good to see you back, V - what did ya make of TFA?
I dare you to sit through some of this with your daughter....over and over and over and over etc....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl7sfFMCzaI

V
Drokking since 1972

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 17 January, 2016, 11:18:16 AM
Ah come now Tordela, your son's into Barbie so what? So long as he's happy! Get him onto Powerpuff girls ASAP mind you!

And the answer is Buttercup, BTW.

The answer is always Buttercup.  She's clearly the best.

It's not boys liking Barbie I have a problem with (I myself have a drawer full of Padme and her handmaidens in all available costume variations, after all), it's the godawful nature of her cartoon adventures, as ably illustrated by Vzzbux's link there. Shudder.

Hawkmumbler

I'll grant you that, she's no Legend of Korra.

vzzbux

The Barbie movies are, at best, drivel but that Netflix series makes you just want to drown yourself.

V
Drokking since 1972

Ancient Otter

Goaty

Spikes

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

In a sadly transparent attempt to turn my missus' thoughts to romance while in bed the other night, I mused aloud on our upcoming anniversary: 'I wonder what the traditional present for a 27th anniversary is?', I fished.

Came the unmoved  reply: 'Batteries'.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tordelback on 22 January, 2016, 03:45:02 PM
In a sadly transparent attempt to turn my missus' thoughts to romance while in bed the other night, I mused aloud on our upcoming anniversary: 'I wonder what the traditional present for a 27th anniversary is?', I fished.

Came the unmoved  reply: 'Batteries'.

Well it saves you the trouble.
DDT did a job on me

Spikes

SuperSurfer

It's the sincerest form of flattery. Apparently.

Bites tongue.