Main Menu

greastest death of a character

Started by Devons Daddy, 06 February, 2004, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

Poor old Morph, that was heartbreaking. The bit where Dredd goes mental and nearly kills the perp who did it, and Kraken is shouting "Dredd! In the name of the Law!" is one of my all time favourite tooth moments.genius.

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

I, Cosh

Tiplodocus,

I always maintained that the purple lights under the Baillieston Interchange were reason enough to include it in my - as yet unmade - road movie.

For Freedom!

For Justice!

For nickin' ma boatel ae Bucky ya bam!
We never really die.

Adrian Bamforth

From Lobo: Fragtastic Voyage by Alan Grant:

"Regular Lobo readers please note: The events of this story pertaining to the popular and beloved outer-space hero named 'Goldstar' should be considered to take place some time either before the tragic events in Lobo #44 when Goldstar was killed, or after the events of a story yet to be written, when he comes back to life."

ADE

Dudley

Ah've always thought thet Mean Machine fella had a good send-off.  You c'n tell he's a good ole Southern boy, though - even death cain't kill im!

Cthulouis

Victor Romanov, a great death as I didn't believe he really had died till that great 'aftermath of war' page, with one of the pictures being him in the middle of a two headed eagle splat mark.

Hell, i still don't believe hes dead!

radiator

Likewise what about the 'death' of Constantin Romanov at the end of 'Battleship Potemkin'? It was always going to be Nikolai that offed him, but i'd always assumed they'd have an epic, drawn out smackdown. I was really shocked when Dante just stabbed the bastard in the back!Honour be damned indeed. Of course, he wasn't really dead, but for shock value i thought it was worth a mention.

Dudley

I don't believe that Brand is dead.

You're wrong, and I say that with conviction following Gordon's many protests on the subject.  And Brand's demise does indeed join the short but honourable list of underplayed (and therefore genius) 2000ADeaths.

Rex Banner

I'm going to throw another vote for Wulf as it was his death that started me reading tooth again.

And Cutie from Robo Hunter. The first one.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Finally! Someone mentions Viktor!

I was bloody stunned by all of that (although at the time I was mostly stunned by Konstantin's reappearence). It always struck me as unfair that Lu Lu survived over the likes of Viktor and gang.

Roger Godpleton

Not really an all-time great, but the death of that girl from Dead Men Walking managed to get me vaguely interested in DMW. (For about 5 minutes).

Brand's death was pretty good, underplayed.

I always found the Glyph's death very upsetting. Toy and Brynna will always stay with me, but for me the most shocking in Halo is the news report where the Hoop was invaded by a load of vigilantes, and we can only assume the worst. That really shook me up.

Souster's death was heroic.

Thoth's death made me very uncomfortable.

I agree with Will about America 2. Benny's long drawn out death was the only well-handled part of that story, the scene where he collects the award is painful to read, but Amy's death was another of those quieting moments.

Not really a death, but Death jumping from a great height when he knows the game is up in Necropolis is something I'll never forget.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Oh, and Charlie as well. The bit where everyone tries to get him to turn away is terrifying.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Adrian Bamforth

WoD

Can't believe I missed this thread, but for me the first one that came to mind was the Red Dragon, that's always stuck with me.  Then Wulf, shocking that as a kid. And after that, Glyph...that was a sad one.  Also, who went splat in Halo Jones in the High-Gravity environment?

Funt Solo

Aye - Siadwell Rhys, the Red Dragon - that was a complete shocker.  Something like two episodes solidly building him up and then...

"Oh dear.  I think I broke him."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++