Main Menu

Forget Spiderman........

Started by Oddboy, 04 July, 2002, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Scooby Doo is bloomin' BRILLIANT!

(I was at the UK premiere last night, rubbing shoulders with 'celebrities' like Chris Eubank & Claire from Steps)

Funniest & best film I've seen this year!  Extremely like the cartoon, they haven't tried to make it seem cooler or serious but made an amazingly entertaining movie!  The casting was perfect!

I woulda got away with it too if it weren't for you meddlin' kids!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

saw it last month out here
must say laughed all the way as well. took five year old son for cover.
right up there wasnt it. a full lengh cartoon version with real actors.
after seeing this and spderman ( also superb) makes you think maybe hollywood is waking upto the fact you shuld not change things to much.
 this bodes well for any future 2000ad based characters again being brought to the big screen.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Chris Eubank was being a cheeky b*gger!  He was behind the concessions stand helping himself to packets of Revels*

*Allegedly.  This is what the general manager told me.  For legal purposes, I'm not saying that this actually happened.  But believe me, it did.

Trout

How did you get into the premiere?

Are you famous?

Can I think of anyone called Nathan that's famous?

Are you the twat out of Brother Beyond?

Trout

Oddboy

Oddgirl's one of the managers at the cinema, so I went as her date.  

Trout

Slightly disappointed now.

Thought you might be our second message board "pop star" - after Kirk Brandon.

Well done, anyway.

Mike

Shakara

Buddy

Trout

He was the singer out of Spear of Destiny, among other 80s bands.

Shakara

Mk13

It was the band Kirk Brandon formed after Theatre of Hate split up. Theatre were contemporaries of Southern Death Cult (who later became the Cult), and had a similar abrasive post-punk sound. They ended up being part of the putative goth scene, along with Bauhaus, Specimen, etc, though naturally none of the bands sounded particularly similar.

Spear Of Destiny were essentially a slightly less raucous version of Theatre, and probably their most well-known track was 'Liberator' (beloved of student night DJs all over the UK). They split up many years back, but Brandon started playing under the name again (as well as Theatre of Hate)about five years ago, and AFAIK, he's still playing with both bands.

Jim_Campbell

"probably their most well-known track was 'Liberator'" ...

Didn't 'Never Take Me Alive' make the top 10, way back when?

Bloody awesome track. Playing it now ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

esoteric ed

Chris Eubank and Clare from Steps "Celebrities"? well that's a matter of opinion :-)

I've seen Kirk live too last year, I get to see just about any live gig here in Liverpool for free, we know Pete Wylie (the Mighty Wah) and he tours with Brandon, Mike Peters from the Alarm and Glen Mattlock from the Pistols under the name "Dead Men Walking" playing a mix of all their back catalogue.

The Damned, The Hives and Coldplay were all really good recently but the highlight was eating Robert Plant's pizza after his Uni gig here last month!

Ed