Main Menu

Godpleton's Thin Ice Awards 2017

Started by Proudhuff, 06 June, 2017, 06:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Its been a while, so we need a new Mayor, Best Thread and bestest Boarder Awards:

Just say why and who.  :D
DDT did a job on me

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I shall prepare some huge walls of unPC, irrelevant text for my mayoral campaign.

The Millenium Falcon build is undoubtably the best thread.

Tordels was my first choice for best boarder, but that fella's too normal and reasonable to win any awards on the internet, so I choose Fox. He does the art contest which I always enjoy, and I get a kick out of the way he uses ALLCAPS, without coming across as completely unhinged.
You may quote me on that.

Proudhuff

I want Jim and Tankie to power share the Mayor's Office, the new Chuckle Bros  :D

Favourite thread still Richmond's Underware Thread  :-[
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Trout

Link Prime

Satanist

We still have a mayor.

NEVER FORGET!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 12 June, 2017, 08:49:25 AM
We still have a mayor.

NEVER FORGET!

The Mayor was given the triple-death after his seven years were up, or possibly a bit sooner because he violated his geasa on numerous occasions (although not the one about not bathing in Lough Foyle on a May Day).  This doesn't prevent him returning via the cauldron of rebirth should he prevail over the torments of Ifurin, but the office is currently vacant.  Although nowadays candidates should expect to be judged on their performance by Trump of the Orange Woad, as well as Cathbad and his druids.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 June, 2017, 09:54:53 AM
Quote from: Satanist on 12 June, 2017, 08:49:25 AM
We still have a mayor.

NEVER FORGET!

The Mayor was given the triple-death after his seven years were up, or possibly a bit sooner because he violated his geasa on numerous occasions (although not the one about not bathing in Lough Foyle on a May Day).  This doesn't prevent him returning via the cauldron of rebirth should he prevail over the torments of Ifurin, but the office is currently vacant.  Although nowadays candidates should expect to be judged on their performance by Trump of the Orange Woad, as well as Cathbad and his druids.

Nice try TB but not nearly long enough, or indeed mad enough!

add something about having and axe at the bank while your dad's underpants appear out your trouser leg, and some troubling comments about wimmin, and I'd call that a proper application for Mayorhood.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

FAKE NEWS and MEDIA BIAS: the mayor was a perfectly rational feminist with a brevity and clarity of style that is unparalleled- everything else is a conspiracy of lies by the MSM liberal elite

TordelBack

I do miss having the mad old perv around (Proudhuff is no substitute, try as he might), and hope he's doing better these days: there was always the hope that even if he didn't learn that Stalking Women At Bus Stops And Hitting Your Elderly Father Are Wrong from the reactions here, he couldn't actually be doing any of it while he was typing, which surely took up most of his day...

Smith

Positronic has the wall-o-text aspect covered,dont worry.
I guess Im seconding Jims nomination.

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 June, 2017, 06:52:05 PM
... we need a new Mayor, Best Thread and bestest Boarder Awards: Just say why and who.

Best Thread: New Judge Dredd TV show Announced, for the insanity.

Best Boarder: ABCwarBOT (see above).

Mayor: Cosh, but only if he uses his new powers to rescind the nonsense rule on name locking, so he can restore the definite article to his board moniker and I can go back to changing mine every time I buy a pint of milk.

Best returnRobin Low, for popping back to explain why the tedious parts of Origins were so and to accept responsibility.

Best (br)exit: COMMANDO FORCES. No 'this will be my final post on this board, so let me settle a few old scores' or flouncing off in a huff. Just quietly stopped posting.

Best New Boarder: the mysterious Bluearmada; an entirely real person, who just popped in to suggest firing Pat Mills and giving Tharg's massive stable of (talented and popular) new writers the crack at writing his old strips they obviously desire.

Most aptly named thread: the 'This will probably get me shot' thread, mainly for Positronic's contributions. Never dis the Smith - it's like slagging off Santa or David Attenborough.

Best at detecting BBC bias: Professor Bear.

Best Droid Intervention in board affairs: Tharg dropping into the prog review thread to point out a fumbled plot point nobody spotted. There's nothing in the strip that would lead the reader to suppose Skellern and Bolthead were the same character.

Most likely to be booted: Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK. People lose their shit over avatars.

Best questions: The dude. See here and here.

Best developed sense of entitlement: Jacqusie's exasperated request that nobody should post cover images because he prefers to see the cover when he reads the comic.

Most likely to agree with Gordon Rennie: Jim Campbell

Best reason for not posting as much as he used to: Dark Jimbo. Too busy having sex.

Most likely to post asking the best way to bail out a boat: the mortgage-free Jayzus B Christ

Most hours spent on Amazon, clicking REFRESH: the indefatigable (and funny) Dash Decent

Most likely to regret posting on this thread: Frank