Main Menu

JULY ART COMP - THE MUSIC OF 2000AD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 02 July, 2013, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From June's winner Prof T Bear :

QuoteThe Music and Dance of 2000ad  - sound and motion are supposed to be tricky to pull off in comics art, so consider the gauntlet thrown.

So - what better way to kick off the return of 2000ad's premier rock star than by highlighting the musical moments from the prog throughout history - ?

and remember there WILL BE PRIZES. ACTUAL PRIZES. For the first prize winner and for "Tharg's choice" so there's all to play for - also all entries will be featured on the Facebook page and the winner'll get an entry on COVERS UNCOVERED!

Rules be thus:

- You can have as many entries as you want but bear in mind more than one will split your vote so IT MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.
- No entries from anything you've done previously - they have to been drawn SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 28th OF JULY WHEN WE DANCE ON THE VOTING HARPISCHORD

Dark Jimbo

Great theme! Quite unusual. I've already got an idea and I'm some way into my entry - this might be a rare month where I actually finish something.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Ooh - prog 167, Ro-Jaws & Hammerstein, Sam Slade's minefield outside... lots to work on here!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

GrudgeJohnDeed

QuoteThe Music and Dance of 2000ad  - sound and motion are supposed to be tricky to pull off in comics art, so consider the gauntlet thrown.

Mind if i do a gif? itll circumvent the challenge of representing sound in a still image but it has its own challenges :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Gifs are fine by me - but they won't work on the FB page I don't think - !

Steven Denton

Animated gif's don't work in Facebook but that's no reason not to do one. Stupid face book
I'm finding this one a little tricky, I sort of have an idea... but I don't know.

Colin YNWA

Alas this was done a while ago, for one of the X-Mas advent calendars (it when with a Spotify play list that was 2000ad related) so can't be entered. Still nice chance to dust it off... not that the quality really warrants it!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 03 July, 2013, 10:02:17 AM

It'll circumvent the challenge of representing sound in a still image...

Fair play to anyone who tries to take up that particular gauntlet; personally I'm doing a notable scene from Tooth's past that involved music as a story point, rather than actually trying to depict any music itself. It's a brief that's fairly wide open to interpretation, I'd say.
@jamesfeistdraws

GrudgeJohnDeed

they dont work on facebook eh? thats really strange. That wont stop me though, im doing it for the fun and pixel art/gifs are my thing :)

SuperSurfer

"He ain't heavy... he's my brother."
I've already drawn this, but if I hadn't I would.

Woolly

Gonna have to get the old thinking cap on for this one..
Saying that, I'll be very disappointed if we don't get at least one disco dancing Rogue!

Neil McClements

Think I'll give this one a miss. The only two music things from the comic i know of are Zenith would probably be a bit tedious and that fella from 'america'. Both might be a bit obvious and other than i don't read 2000ad often enough to know anything else.

Neil McClements

Actually Bhuna, who is sunning himself on a Greek island at the moment has given me a few ideas so it's back on.

Neil McClements

So I've been told by Bhuna that Nemesis was inspired by The Jam song 'Going underground'. Although not based on that single sleeve but rather the single 'Down in the tube station at midnight' purely because it fitted the theme just as well.