Main Menu

Attempting to Self Publish - The Wonder City

Started by velmagraydon, 15 September, 2009, 05:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velmagraydon

Hi! I'm an artist trying to get the word out about attempts to self publish my graphic novel.

The Wonder City, written by Justin Rivers and drawn by Courtney Zell, traces the mythological origins of New York City told through the eyes of a Brooklyn family and a mysterious young gumshoe/librarian, and we want everyone to be a part of it!

We have partnered with a great site, Kickstarter (which recently appeared in the NY Times and on NPR), to raise the money to self publish a small edition of the first instalment, The Wonder City: The Great Whale of Coney Island.  Kickstarter provides a platform to connect donors and projects. Donors are not charged for their pledges unless the project reaches its end goal.  There are so many interesting projects, including several comics, it's worth taking a look at the site!

A number of rewards are offered to donors including hand pulled prints, signed copies of the book, and the chance to be drawn into the comic!

For more information, or to get involved, please check out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224129525/become-a-citizen-of-the-wonder-city

Emperor

Now there is a good idea for raising some seed money to get a project rolling!!

I had a looka round and found a few comic-related projects:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?term=comics
www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?term=comic+book
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

velmagraydon

We just had our postcard made. Here's my design, featuring our main character, Velma.