Main Menu

Daz 3D

Started by vzzbux, 05 March, 2012, 09:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

My mate has just started dabbling with this, he is about as arty as I am but has come up with a nice piece in a day, its all template so (I think) most of the hard work is done for you.
Has anyone played with this and is it worth someone with no talent to have a play and learn the basic's.
It has a free trial period.
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-software-overview

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

DoomBot

If you download it now you'll find it isn't a trial it's the real thing - yours to keep and use forever.

Not just daz but bryce and hexagon too so about 800 dollars worth of software for nowt.

I've downloaded the lot and dabbled but decided that I'm challenged enough with just 2 dimensions without adding a third. It might have its uses somewhere down the line maybe

vzzbux

Had a little play and my first creation is [spoiler]a woman playing with herself[/spoiler]. Sad I know.

V
Drokking since 1972

vzzbux

One of my mates has been spending alot of time on this programme and has put up some of his work on Deviant art. Does this qualify? as, from what I can gauge from this programme, you are only mastering techniques of what is already in the programme.
Don't get me wrong some of the stuff he has produced looks wonderful but I have told him create me a Dredd from the programme then I will be impressed.
I am no expert on these kind of programmes so may be talking bollox, but I don't want him to get loads of bad critique.

V
Drokking since 1972

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

daved7

Hi I work with 3d max on a daily basis and render in cinema 4d i think from what i've read on here
some of the artists use 3d programmes for backgrounds and the lawmaster i think i saw that on a
Chris Weston blog and i think some people use Maya and Poser for people but check www.turbosquid.com
where you can buy pre made models of most things hope that's of help to you  :)