Main Menu

Short Story RESULTS and PRIZES Thread!!

Started by Bad City Blue, 16 January, 2018, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Wotcha chums and pals

Some very well crafted entries into the comp, all of which were instructed to have a good old titter at the end.

The deserved winner was THE LEGENDARY SHARK, whose legend refuses to diminish.

I will instruct the menial droids at REBELLION to issue a 2000AD graphic novel as a thank you for making us all smile if you send  PM to confirm your address.

Honourable mentions to Eamonn Clarke and Napalm Kev, and general thanks to all who either entered or voted.

Speaking of voters, it's traditional to give a random voters prize, and this time around it's the man who operated on his own brian... BRIAN CORCORAN. PM me with your details Brian.

The next comp will be up VERY soon, with a special prize on offer!

Smell ya later

Bad City Blue

When Saturday Comes

The name's Saturday. Joe Saturday. I used to be a chronocop. But that's all in the future now. My ex-partner, who's going to be my friend, is trying to kill me. His name is Thursday. Ed Thursday. He has a gun. A big gun. He's pointing it at my head.

"'Bye, Joe," he says. He talks in short sentences. We both do. It saves time.

"Don't do it, Ed," I say.

He holds up a calendar. It's marked with crayon. "Already did," he says.

His trigger finger tightens. I sweat.

There's a flash. It goes "FWARP." A man appears. He has weird eyes and an even bigger gun.

"Alpha," he says. "Here to help you. Get you away. Enlist your skills at the Doghouse."

I hide behind him. I'm relieved.

"FWARP." Another flash. Another mutant appears. He has a weird face and a big hat. "Rot you, Alpha," he says. "You got Saturday but I get Thursday. He's coming with me."

"FWARP." He disappears with Ed.

I look at Alpha. "What gives?"

"Time job," he says. "Need your expertise. Styx just made it a race."

I nod. We go.

I guess every day has his dog.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Eamonn Clarke

Worthy winner, TLS. Well done
and well done to BCB as ever.

Now thinking cap on for Penny Dreddful   :crazy:

The Legendary Shark

Woo Hoo!

Thank you everyone for your votes and, of course, for the stiff and enjoyable competition. I hope we can get more entries in 2018 - I always enjoy reading everyone's stories.

Thanks also to Rebellion for supporting the board competitions so generously and special thanks, as always, to the magnificent Bad City Blue for running it with such aplomb.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Brian Corcoran

Well done TLS. Nostalgia, multiple FWARPs and ouch-inducing punchline gets my vote every time.
Thanks too to BCB.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]