Main Menu

20th Century Boys

Started by Laser Skeleton, 23 July, 2020, 12:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laser Skeleton

I have been picking up the deluxe editions of Naoki Urasawa's '20th Century Boys' and they are so good - he does plot-twist thrills so well. I'm on volume 4 just now so it's hard to do much reading on the series while avoiding spoilers, but it's great. I enjoyed his 'Monster' series too, one of the very few manga I have from beginning to end.

Is anyone else a fan of his work?

TordelBack

20th Century Boys is just fantastic, my favourite manga read of all, although I've never actually got to the very end as my local library stopped getting the volumes somewhere in the middle of 21st Century Boys: promising myself a full re-read one day when I can get hold of it all. I could live without some of the pervy panty-shot stuff, mind.

Laser Skeleton

I think they are still in the process of re-releasing these new volumes, they are really nice editions. It's such a great concept. I believe there are movies too, which I may check out once I eventually get to the end.

In absolute agreement on your second point of course, but thankfully there really is very very little of that, certainly as compared to many manga series.

I'm just so impressed with the way he keeps you on your toes with the plotting - he does things that in most stories would be considered insane risks. It's hard to talk about without spoiling things, but the movement in time of the story is absolutely ingenious.