Main Menu

Spring into Action with March's range of graphic novels!

Started by 2000AD Online, 10 March, 2005, 04:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

SPRING INTO ACTION WITH MARCH'S RANGE OF STUNNING GRAPHIC NOVELS!

There's more scintillating sci-fi action this month with another batch of zarjaz collections from the House of Tharg!

SHAKARA
by Robbie Morrison & Henry Flint

Vengeance has a new name! The first series of the brain-warping alien extravaganza has now been collected into a deluxe hardback, complete with
covers gallery and the Flint droid's sketchbook. Get up to speed on the Shakaran universe before the sequel hits the progs this Summer!
Rebellion
?10.99

DEVLIN WAUGH: RED TIDE
by John Smith, Steve Yeowell & Colin MacNeil

This mammoth volume collects the epic 'Chasing Herod' series, as the vampiric dandy battles to stop a global catastrophe, as well as 'Red Tide', the long-awaited sequel to 'Swimming in Blood'. Also included is a covers gallery and the opening seven pages of 'Red Tide' that were completed by Jock, never before published!
DC/Rebellion
?15.99

JUDGE DREDD: DREDD VS DEATH
by John Wagner, Alan Grant & Brian Bolland

Don't miss Judge Death's unforgettable first appearance in this collection showcasing the incredible art of Brian Bolland! Both 'Judge
Death' and 'Judge Death Lives' are included alongside such early classics as 'Punks Rule' and 'The Forever Crimes'. Also features a Bolland cover gallery.
DC/Rebellion
?8.99

NIKOLAI DANTE: THE GREAT GAME
by Robbie Morrison, Simon Fraser, Andy Clarke & Charlie Adlard

As the Russian rogue learns what it is to be part of the Romanov Dynasty, he discovers the full extent of his new siblings' powers, accompanying them on their 'family duty'... This second volume of Nikolai
Dante's adventures includes the stories 'Cruel Britannia', 'The Great Game' and 'Tour of Duty'.
DC/Rebellion
?13.99

SLAINE: WARRIOR'S DAWN
by Pat Mills, Angie Kincaid, Massimo Belardinelli & Mike McMahon

Find out how the legend began as Slaine Mac Roth - Celtic barbarian, follower of the Earth Goddess, and warrior of the Sessair - battles against
the Drune Lords in a bid to save the Land of the Young. This collection of classic stories includes 'Bride of Crom', 'The Shoggey Beast' and 'Sky
Chariots'.
DC/Rebellion
?10.99

Link: Tharg's Newsround

The Amstor Computer

Nice work, guys! It's great to see some more promotion for the books on-site, and the hi-res pics of the covers look gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to picking up all of these books this month, but the new image for the Dante collection has bumped it my must-have list! Still, Red Tide should be here soon so that should keep me going for a while ;-)

Looking forward to the next round-up of releases for April, and I hope this, the other announcements and the ads in the prog mean an upswing in promoting the books!

The Amstor Computer

...oh, and just so no-one thinks I've given up on my epic grump, the Slaine cover is still poo.

...but the Dante one is gorgeous. And so is the Shakara one. And the Death one... AARGH!

++GRUMP CIRCUITS EXPLODE++

Byron Virgo

Yup, looking pretty damn good. I'm probably going to end up buying nearly all of these. The Devlin Waugh and Shakara volumes look particularly great. Love that Dante cover too, by the way - almost worth buying just for that alone.

Grant Goggans

I am *so happy* they went with Simon's new cover for this after all!  Sticking us with two different preview images was very mean, Tharg!  The cover is lovely; I'm looking forward to seeing it next week!

--Grant

Tiplodocus

I think I shall be purchasing that there Slaine book (despite the cover) as it has some brilliant brilliant stuff inside.

Shakara won't be on my list however - I always found it a bit too much like THE FAST SHOW - same thing repeated week in week out?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

I agree. I'm not sure it's a good move to reprint Shakara in a GN, as it would show how samey every part is. Oh well.

The rest of it looks great, though.

I'm especially keen on that Slaine book. It looks like it contains all the Slaine I ever enjoyed!

- Trout

IndigoPrime

It's a shame they didn't just recolour an older Slaine cover. However, the improvement to the Dante cover is immense, and the extra saturation on the Devlin cover has made a world of difference.

An expensive month for me: the only one of these I don't want is the Shakara book.

Art