Main Menu

What Psi powers have been used in Judge Dredd?

Started by elberon, 25 August, 2015, 04:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elberon

I've been toying with running an rpg (not a fan of D20 or the old GW system) but looking at them I don't recall all the powers being listed in them as having been in the comics so trying to come up with my own list of the most common examples of psi powers used have been (some are more antagonist than Judge use)

Telepath
Empath
Pre-Cog
Exorcist
Pyrokinetic
hallucinations

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

elberon

thank you NapalmKev ;-)
>mutter< of course I failed at copy and paste didn't I missing TK off >mutter<

Jim_Campbell

Clairvoyance.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

Greg M.

TordelBack

Do villains count? Psi Div tackles the Dark Judges, so presumably their powers are at least partially psionic in nature...

The Sisters can apparently generate illusions so convincing that they cause the relevant damage to the target that believes them. I'm not sure how you describe that. Is it a controled version of the same reality-warping effect that Psi-judge Schiehallon destroys Cal Hab with?

Greg M.

The big daddy of Dreddworld psychics is probably The Mutant, who could manipulate reality on a city-wide scale - probably a form of molecular-level TK. We saw him teleport others, generate psychic shields, launch psychic bolts, animate the dead, warp terrain, modify lifeforms and possibly create lifeforms. One of his very few weaknesses seemed the inability to fully restore life to existing beings.

M.I.K.

Quote from: TotalHack on 25 August, 2015, 05:29:09 PM
The Sisters can apparently generate illusions so convincing that they cause the relevant damage to the target that believes them. I'm not sure how you describe that.

Tulpas maybe?

Possible name for psis capable of that = Tulpaths.

JayzusB.Christ

There was some teenage girl (Glenny or Wenny Vomer?) in an Anderson strip who psi'ed a mixture of mud and rat guts into a walking, violent golem. That kid in the Calvin and Hobbes parody did the same with his toy tiger.  Advanced telekinesis maybe?
At the risk of 2000ad becoming like the morally redundant or at best self-deluded annual Psychic Fair in my village, I'd like to see a story about how all that psi power came about between now and dredd's time.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Greg M.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 August, 2015, 07:29:40 PM
I'd like to see a story about how all that psi power came about between now and dredd's time.

You'd think it was some kind of mutation caused by the Atomic War - except that the likes of Ecks and Shenker were alive before that happened. Psychic powers probably originally derived from the aliens in the Anderson story 'Childhood's End', and just took a long time to fully emerge in humanity.

SuperSurfer

I thought the 'psi blast' (or whatever it was) through a gun was more 'sigh' than psi.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

QuoteTelepath
Empath
Pre-Cog
Exorcist
Pyrokinetic
hallucinations

Are we counting the Anderson series which Matt Smith wrote for IDW?  In which case, add the following:
Psi-bomb
Psi-shields
Psychogeography
Latents
Psignature