Main Menu

Prog 2095 In the Eyes of the Law

Started by McNulty, 18 August, 2018, 02:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I'll keep it short; really enjoyed this prog.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

sheridan

Quote from: Trout on 24 August, 2018, 12:18:26 AM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 23 August, 2018, 05:28:29 PM
I'll keep it short; really enjoyed this prog.

Shorter: me, too.

Two characters shorter, if counting that space as a non-printing character: "ditto"

Timothy

I am wholeheartedly in agreement with the views of Sheridan, Trout and Tiplodocus as expressed in their respective posts above. Is that sufficiently succinct ?

athorist

I read the Survival Geeks trade, and kind of had mixed feelings about it. The new story looks great though, but I think I would prefer one 6 or 8 Prog story than two 4 Progs, there's not really much room to let the stories breathe.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

TordelBack

Gawds it's been a busy week, only reading this now while my coffee brews.  Good prog!

Just a few thoughys:

Ater a couple of fairly unengaging weeks I thought Appetite pulled off a solid last part that set up an interesting scenario.  Art was strong throughout,  but perhaps if the wotsits had evoked something other than already-unoriginal Goa'uld symbiotes?  As the only SF-imagery in a contemporary setting they had to carry a lot of the weight. Still it finished with me rather wishing it had another 6 or 9 parts to go to see it play out.

Despite a shocking over-use of the words 'Son's of Booth',  and a tired Dredd'n'Hershey-discuss-an-awesome-threat exposition device (note to Tharg: find a new way of doing this,  please)  this was a very nice Dredd.  Eglinton does a neat job pulling minor past cases into his story, thematically helped along a bit by McConville's super-crims of last week,  and Johnson gives us what look suspiciously like classic Ron Smith Dredd faces and angles: I approve.  As a result,  everything feels very embedded in established history, which is appropriate to the story at hand.

TordelBack

Crap,  rogue aspotrophes and typos,  apologies: should have waited for the coffee.

Bolt-01

Here's a thought- seeing as MC-1 is still really huge, even after the DOC, why does Hershey keep sticking her nose into situations that really only effect a single sector?

Dredd should be dealing with a sector chief at best, surely?

TordelBack

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 29 August, 2018, 09:55:13 AM
Here's a thought- seeing as MC-1 is still really huge, even after the DOC, why does Hershey keep sticking her nose into situations that really only effect a single sector?

Dredd should be dealing with a sector chief at best, surely?

That would improve things immensely, as well as gradually populating the city with named (and possibly distinctive) Judges other than the ones Dredd takes along with him to exposit to.

Banners

Just catching up on this. In Grey Area, is the "Shtokha" a picture of Piers Morgan...?!

norton canes