Main Menu

A few 'new' Judge Minty stills

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 24 December, 2012, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

A few people on the Judge Minty facebook groups had been asking to see some new stills of stuff not seen in the 'WIP teaser trailer'.

So I've had a scan through the film to find some which I don't think give anything away.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

STEVONATRON

I saw this at the CannyComicCon - hats off to all involved for their efforts.

The one area of concern (I say 'concern' in the loosest of terms) I had was that I felt it was a bad idea to go down a similar story route that the Sly Stallone movie did, with a Judge being sent into exile, fending for himself in the Cursed Earth. Any familiarity with that disaster is a dubious way to set your own ideas apart.

But regardless, the props, costumes etc, were all really well produced with high production value. Congrats guys!

Mardroid

To be fair, while The Cursed Earth thread probably wasn't the best idea for an introduction to Judge Dredd, (in the film Judge Dredd, I mean not the Minty fan film, which is aimed mainly at fans anyway I guess.) as a story idea it's not bad although it would probably be better placed in a sequel. And the Cursed Earth stuff was probably among the better parts of that film.

Nah, if Minty do that stuff right, more power to them, I say.

Judge Hollingdale

Hey Guys! We are doing a Judge Dredd Fan Film also!
please support us and spread the word!

http://www.facebook.com/JudgeDreddCursedEdge

Fatboydale

Quote from: Judge Hollingdale on 25 December, 2012, 01:46:33 PM
Hey Guys! We are doing a Judge Dredd Fan Film also!
please support us and spread the word!

I mean this with all respect , stop been a cheeky cunt and tagging your own fan film onto Judge Minty ... or at least ask permission ...

junox

thanks MINTY you ROCK
nice to see these EXTRA PICTURES
also john burdis just posted a small christmas  minty video  AWSOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66uKW3cMuM

JayzusB.Christ

Deadly.  Looking forward to seeing this one.  Those Cursed Earth shots remind me of cheery 80s feelgood film Threads (which is a good thing).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

STEVONATRON

Quote from: Mardroid on 25 December, 2012, 01:43:32 PM
To be fair, while The Cursed Earth thread probably wasn't the best idea for an introduction to Judge Dredd, (in the film Judge Dredd, I mean not the Minty fan film, which is aimed mainly at fans anyway I guess.) as a story idea it's not bad although it would probably be better placed in a sequel. And the Cursed Earth stuff was probably among the better parts of that film.

Nah, if Minty do that stuff right, more power to them, I say.

I agree entirely, though I think I need to elaborate a bit further on the point I was making - for the sake of clarity.

If I were to make a fan film of Dredd, I personally wouldn't go within a million miles of the version directed by Danny Cannon. That movie (with permission) used and abused the Judge Dredd brand and perverted it for the sake of a quick Hollywood buck. It was a template action movie with no semblance to the source material other than the names and a few visual references. But essentially it honed in on the the Cursed Earth feature with a Judge sent into exile. 

If/When you see Judge Minty, you can't avoid being reminded of the Sly Stallone movie, regardless of whether we think it was depicted better or not. And I think that's a shame because the guys making Judge Minty clearly threw everything at it and spent a long time doing so. It's a very well polished project fuelled by passion - something amongst many things missing from Danny Cannon's movie.

I'm a massive fan and supporter of low-budget/Indie projects so please don't mistake my critique as a complaint - rather, hopefully received as a friendly nudge and whisper.

Albion

Quote from: STEVONATRON on 26 December, 2012, 10:27:25 PM
If I were to make a fan film of Dredd, I personally wouldn't go within a million miles of the version directed by Danny Cannon.

If/When you see Judge Minty, you can't avoid being reminded of the Sly Stallone movie, regardless of whether we think it was depicted better or not.

Minty doesn't go within a million miles of the 1995 movie at all, it expands on the classic Judge Minty story from 2000AD Prog 147.

Having seen Minty, more than once, I certainly wasn't reminded of the Stallone film. It never even entered my mind. I saw a high quality, extremely well crafted fan film that stands up on its own merits and has no links to any Dredd movie that has come before.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Large48

Don't upset Albion he might just give you one of his famous 'Nods' right in the kisser...........

I never thought of any connection to the 95 film until you mentioned it!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Woolly

Thats some seriously amazing stuff - Minty on the lawmaster is gob-smackingly good!
The only problem i see is how i'm going to get my eyes back into their sockets... :o

All the kudos in the world to all involved.

Judge Hollingdale

My Dredd film has alot to live up to by the looks of things!
we hope you like out take on the stories!