Main Menu

Meg 400 - 400th Issue!

Started by Richard, 15 September, 2018, 10:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Please help me with Anderson. I like the art but confused by the third page. Is the initial skysurfing perp killed by a single whack to the head meant for Anderson? She calls in a Death but he doesn't look too dead behind her. It's not like half his head's missing or anything! Great art & colouring though, more from de la Cruz please Tharg?!

Magnetica

Yes I wondered about that too. It doesn't look too obvious but the explanation you have given is what I think must have happened.

TordelBack

Quote from: robert_ellis on 27 September, 2018, 07:22:50 PM
Is the initial skysurfing perp killed by a single whack to the head meant for Anderson? She calls in a Death but he doesn't look too dead behind her. It's not like half his head's missing or anything!

That's exactly what happens.  I agree, he's not exactly decapitated,  but does he need to be?  He gets hit on the side of the head by an iron pipe swung from a moving vehicle,  Anderson identifies him as dead, and calls it manslaughter.

Tiplodocus

Hurrah, I have just resubscribed after maybe 5 years away.  (Sexy Ostritches did for me).

So I thought I'd restart at 400. And what a great jumping on point.  Of the continuing stories which were new to me, Lawless grabbed me immediately as did Dominion and Storm Warning but I struggled with Blunt.

Of the stuff I know, DREDD, ANDERSON, DEVLIN they were all enjoyable if slight.

But feck me! That art throughout is gobsmackingly good. So many styles and such clear storytelling. Phil Winslade in particular on Lawless: is he mad trying to put so much into it? Maybe. but I thank him for it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and cracking cover. But Not great floppy yet.

Tiplodocus

That should read " not read floppy yet"

broodblik

Tiplodocus you can always get the two graphic novels for Lawless then you will be up to date since the current series picks up where the last novel stopped :

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/graphic-novels/dredd-verse/XB610

and

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/graphic-novels/dredd-verse/XB636
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tiplodocus

I have purchased both. About 3/4 of the way through welcome to Badrock and already feel like I have double my moneys worth.

What a superbly crafted story!

Tense, funny, twisty, full of metaphors, with great action, unashamedly wild westy but still unable to be told without the sci-fi trappings. Plus the usual Dabnett puns and a great little "Says Marshall Metta Lawson..." trick.

And that's all before I mention the superb art full of character and great storytelling and a batshit crazy level of commitment!

I like the fact the actual timeframe is vague. I keep thinking Johnnie Alpha and Wulf could stroll in...