Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just finished Fallout 4.

Now playing some lighter games: Rocket Birds 2 and Alien Breed 2
Lock up your spoons!

Apestrife

Okami HD on PS4.

Loved how it started out. Basically what to me felt like travelling the land with a wolf, who's the japanese sun god, helping people and animals without them knowing what helped them. But towards the end there's new threat after new threat, in a fashion I wasn't to happy about. Especially since I didn't like the fighting system that much. Mostly turned into a game of painting bombs (big part of the game is painting stuff, which then turns up)  for me.

Regardless of the end game. The game looks like a water colour painting which has come alive, and has some fantastic feel good gameplay mechanics. Do yourselves a favour and look it up.

Smith

Dragon Age 2 was pretty good.Thou I dont really feel an urge to replay it.Maybe after I finish Origins.
Pretty deep into X-com enemy unknows.Also,Fallout 3.

PsychoGoatee

I also dug Dragon Age 2, had my favorite characters and banter in the series.

Check out this awesome Judge Dredd pinball machine from 93 that I played yesterday! In Massachussetts, at this cool place the Bit Bar my friend helps out at.

Smith

Hand of Fate kinda flew under everyones radar,but its a great game.Sort of a TCG/boardgame/roguelike thing thats easy to learn,but hard to master.
Out of curiosity,anyone got Monster Hunter World?Thoughts?

PsychoGoatee

Well, I think Judge Dredd should be in that game. Lock those monsters up in the cubes.

GrudgeJohnDeed

I've never been a big pinball machine guy, but I LOVE the hardware and the sounds. That's gorgeous, PsychoGoatee!

GordyM

Playing through the original Super Mario Bros games. SMB 2 is harder than I remember it being while 3's easier.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Greg M.

Just completed Dark Souls Remastered. Had never played it in its original incarnation (but had played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, the latter of which makes a bit more sense now.) Enjoyed it enormously - people talk about it being hard, but it's never unfair, and you always have the sense you can triumph.

Keef Monkey

Finished We Happy Few (well, I finished the first character/campaign), and while there was a lot I loved about it the whole thing really doesn't hang together very well sadly. The world, the writing, atmosphere, characters...all that stuff it has in spades and executes on brilliantly but there are so many half-formed or just plain annoying game mechanics grafted around it that it feels like a bit of a mess. Technically it's very underbaked too, with a real lack of polish and bugs aplenty - it's the kind of lack of polish I'll often forgive in low priced games, but they're charging full whack for it so it is pretty jarring.

I've heard stories that the original pitch was a short but replayable survival sim with very little story outside the intro, but that when they showed the intro at E3 it gave the impression it was a very narrative/story-led affair and people wound up expecting the next Bioshock so they retooled things to try and match that expectation. The end result is very muddled, and had me wishing they'd scrapped the survival elements and just made a linear adventure game because they clearly could have made an amazing one.

In that regard I totally get why Microsoft bought the studio, because what WHF needed was some firm direction from on high, and MS obviously see the potential of what they could do if handled properly.

So, very disappointing but I'm now really curious to see what they do next and will be up for trying it.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Greg M. on 03 September, 2018, 06:30:39 PM
Just completed Dark Souls Remastered. Had never played it in its original incarnation (but had played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, the latter of which makes a bit more sense now.) Enjoyed it enormously - people talk about it being hard, but it's never unfair, and you always have the sense you can triumph.
I'm getting towards the end of this too. Really struggled with it on the 360 years ago but I think finishing DS2 and Bloodborne has reallly helped as I've not found it too difficult this time. Obviously, I say this before I've had a crack at the DLC.

Already looking forward to having another run through as well, which is something I almost never do.
We never really die.

GordyM

The new Spidey game is great but wish they hadn't included done to death open world mechanics like having to climb to the top of towers to reveal map sections.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

James Stacey

I've been playing Hollow Knight on the switch and its a total delight. Its an incredibly charming and atmospheric metroidvania game. Occasionally you come against a challenge that seems massively too hard but its just the games way of telling you to go explore elsewhere as the map is _big_ and you can come back to challenging areas at a later point and find them much much easier due to your equipment upgrades. Lot of fun

Keef Monkey

Played through a PC game (although I think it's on mobile devices too) called Waking Mars and quite enjoyed it. You're a botanist with a jet pack on Mars exploring caverns and trying to kickstart the planets dormant eco-system by planting various seeds and raising the biomass a chamber at a time.

A welcome change of pace (nobody shoots at you and you don't have to murder anyone!) and really satisfying when you manage to set up a wee ecosystem in a chamber where everything is feeding everything else and it just grows and blossoms as you watch.

Not a classic or anything, but a bit different so well worth a look.

broodblik

I am playing the new Spiderman game on PS4 and must say it is good. Their is even a cameo from mister Lee himself
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.