Main Menu

Lettering with Illustrator: A Guide to Download!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 06 October, 2009, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

In light of my ongoing failure to get a web version of the tutorial up, I've compiled all six posts into a 40-page (3Mb) PDF document and tidied them up slightly.

You can download this document here.

I shall un-sticky the previous thread, and sticky this one instead. Any further questions, stick 'em up here.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SuperSurfer

That's brilliant, Jim.

What a gent, giving away all your trade secrets (well, expert knowledge) for a better comics world.

Mike Gloady

What kindness.

I feel I may almost owe you a pint now......  GRRRRR!

Ok ok.  Get that pencil out, "Mike Gloady - 1"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

bluemeanie

Awesome, thanks for this!
Got a possible thing coming off soon and I've been pegged as letterer as its all being done on the cheap and nasty. Sure this will be loads of help and dont worry, I wont credit your help when my crappy efforts are done  :)

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TordelBack

And then there was the day Jim Campbell began to be worshipped as a minor deity. 

Bouwel

QuoteAnd then there was the day Jim Campbell began to be worshipped as a minor deity. 

Only if he helps the crops to grow...

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 October, 2009, 06:05:53 PM
And then there was the day Jim Campbell began to be worshipped as a minor deity. 

Away now, and fetch my tributes. I'll still be here when you get back.

Cheers!

Jim

JAMESCOR

Thanks for sharing this Jim, I'm doing a strip just now and  my lettering on the first three pages is amateur at best. This will be a great help on the rest of it.

james-corcoran.blogspot.com

Jim_Campbell

You're most welcome, James. Anything in there that's not clear, or any additional questions, please feel free to post 'em here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers!

Jim

radiator

Cheers, Jim. I've downloaded the file, and I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

planetmirth

'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

mygrimmbrother

Finally tackling illustrator now, and using this guide as a starting point. Thanks again Jim.

Jim_Campbell

Just in case it's not obvious in the text of the tutorial, my piece should really be considered a companion to Nate Piekos' article, which tells you where and why to use the various things that I only show how to do ...

Cheers!

Jim

pauljholden

This is a great guide, which I've only just spotted. I shall endeavour to get more eyes to it...

-pj