Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 June, 2019, 10:56:41 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 03 June, 2019, 08:42:21 PMAny chance of the collection getting Leviathan?
Not unless it's extended.

Sure, it just needs bundling with something else (like the DR&Qunich/Skizz book).
@jamesfeistdraws

geronimo

Sure, it just needs bundling with something else (like the DR&Qunich/Skizz book).

what about the rest of Stickleback?

Tomwe

Quote from: geronimo on 04 June, 2019, 11:06:35 AM

what about the rest of Stickleback?

Bundle Helium in there as well and we've got a D'Israeli special!

abelardsnazz

Loving the new set of covers. A couple of points /questions on potential contents:

Slaine: Steve Parkhouse's name on the cover suggests more annual stories. I know Slaine has its critics, but it looks like the collection will collect it all, which at least means there's a host of great art to enjoy.

Bad Company: the remaining stories excluding the most recent Rufus Dayglo collaborations total 168 pages, making it a bit on the slim side. Any ideas on potential other inclusions to bulk it out?

Dark Justice: will this include everything from Dark Judges Deadworld volume 1? Strip page count indicates yes.

Dark Jimbo

Well!

ABC Warriors 4 is a really interesting volume - a bit of an 'odds and sods' book (of the very highest quality, of course). We get Shadow Warriors II and III, as expected, and then the balance of the Rebellion 'Solo missions' volume, minus the Deadlock solo. So that's Red Planet Blues by Moore and Dillon; Dishonourable Discharge by Kev Walker; and Joe Pineapples' Greatest Hits by Tom Carney.

What's really interesting is that we then get three Ro-Busters stories! Hammerstein's War Memoirs (O'Neill, Dorey, Gibbons); Ro-Jaws' Memoirs (Mike Dorey); and Old Red Eyes is Back by Bryan Talbot, from the '83 Annual (it does feature Joe Pineapples after all, so fits very nicely here).

So a nice comprehensive book that almost makes up for the lack of a Ro-Busters book, if a bit all over the place, style-wise.
@jamesfeistdraws

leethomson

Quote from: Tomwe on 03 June, 2019, 02:28:55 PM
For the first time ever, the collection is discounted at Hachette. Admittedly it's only a quid off each, but there you go.

I don't usually have a problem with this if it's back stock that's being reduced to clear, but they're offering money off volumes I haven't even received yet, despite having subscribed since day one. Seems a bit rum.

QuoteThey also seem to have removed a whole load of 'out of stock' product from their site all together - like a bunch of the JDMC.

Shame, I was holding out for a restock of Insurrection. Off to eBay I go.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 June, 2019, 08:34:16 AM
Just to clarify, I was referring to the collection rather than the strip itself.

Tomontherun94

45, 46 and covers special arrived today. Unfortunately the covers are presented like in the 90s collection, with logos and everything on rather than the clean artwork of the 2000s collection. The slipcase spine now has a foil logo again though unlike the 90s one.

IndigoPrime

Nothing here yet. No reply from Hachette. All I have is a warning about charging me for the covers volume I apparently received a letter about (I didn't). Great stuff, as ever.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 08 June, 2019, 01:55:14 PM
45, 46 and covers special arrived today. Unfortunately the covers are presented like in the 90s collection, with logos and everything on rather than the clean artwork of the 2000s collection. The slipcase spine now has a foil logo again though unlike the 90s one.

Same here. Got delivered in a box that was ripped to shreds but the contents were fine. Surprisingly delivered by Hermes rather than the Royal Mail.

The Monarch

holy crap we got some ro busters after all

moly

Hatchett delivered by Hermes what could go wrong there  :D

IndigoPrime

Mm. They're not even responding to me on Facebook now. Probably not thrilled that I've stated they don't have authorisation to take a payment they've not warned me about, but that they claim they have, and have probably already sent the book for. Which means we'll be in the fun situation of them having taken a payment not only without authorisation, but with me specifically writing to say they cannot.

I'm sure this will end well.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 08 June, 2019, 01:55:14 PM

My 90's one has a foil logo. All 3 do on the spine.

James Stacey

Hermes delivered today in the remains of a box