Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni Scandella

I might have accidentally subscribed.  I couldn't not.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Spikes on 11 December, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
Just for asking; Are these two posts referring to people on this forum, or elsewhere?

Yup.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dweezil2

Excuse me if I'm being dumb, but I suscribed to the test run, does that effectively mean that my sub has reset and I have to re-subscribe from issue 5 or does it just carry on from where it left off and I have to do nothing?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bat King

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 December, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
Excuse me if I'm being dumb, but I suscribed to the test run, does that effectively mean that my sub has reset and I have to re-subscribe from issue 5 or does it just carry on from where it left off and I have to do nothing?

Quote from: Molch-R on 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM
I subscribed to the test. Do I have to buy issues 1-4 again?
As a test subscriber, you will receive issue 1-4 completely free. You will receive an email to inform you of this and the next steps. If you did not provide an email address when subscribing you will receive a letter by post. If you have not received this by Saturday 20th December 2015, please contact our customer service team via any of the methods below. If you email the team, please include your name and subscription reference in the subject line.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

dweezil2

Cheers Bat King! :)
I didn't really explain myself adequately, specifically it was about upgrading to the premium subscription to receive the prints, in the email I was sent it says about upgrading to this premium service from issue 5.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Eamonn Clarke

Are apologies required? Seems to me as if a lot of people (myself included) were confused by the test marketing project and by the conflicting messages we were receiving from Hachette itself.

I understand that a lot of this had to be kept under wraps while figures were analysed, and that in a sense we on the forum were not really the test audience. Hachette presumably knew we would be buying, it was its wider crossover appeal they were trying to gauge.

As most of us were not privy to all this information as the soft launch happened I think we can be forgiven for acting in a confused manner particularly when there was the spectre of paying for something that we might not actually receive.

Now the carefully conceived plan has be revealed in its greater glory then we can all lean back, wipe our brows and say phew. Well done to Hachette and Rebellion and roll on my first delivery.

Spikes

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 12 December, 2014, 08:52:04 AM
Are apologies required?

No. Not by anyone on this forum in regards to this matter.
The other thread is still up, and people can re-read it should they wish....

But yes, looking forward to this collection. Every inch of it looks most superb.

IndigoPrime

People being confused and a bit irritated is one thing (although it's notable no-one 'left waiting' for books was actually charged any money), but there have been outright accusations in various places of ripping off readers/early subscribers, along with complaints that clearly no-one knew what they were doing, despite this being a publishing test-run. I'm glad it's turned out nicely, but there are still people being jerks over on Facebook, and they're still somehow finding things to complain about. (Just about the only grumble that has any justification is that this set of titles is currently UK-only, but that's the nature of licensing. All of the other moans just strike me as petty and ignorant.)

ManParrish

I emailed them 2 days ago regards a couple of things not clear on their site - not had a reply yet so hope not a sign of how they operate!  :-\

robert_ellis

I'm so glad this series is going ahead. The three books received were of such a high quality and perfect for a lapsed fan like myself. I'm interested if the Prints have enticed many people. Without seeing them the extra £80 pounds seems steep for 6 pieces of art unseen. I wonder how many people are tempted or is it just the completists?

IndigoPrime

I thought the same about the prints. Interesting at based on the survey they were testing the water about making 11 quid the default price for every book. Maybe this is a cunning way to get more income from some people by giving them some very limited prints in return.

Mardroid

I saw the £1.00 extra (per order) and thought, "hmm. Not bad."

But when you put it like that...

I hadn't decided by the way.

Rook

First post in a long time!

I've subscribed to this; or at least I think I have. I've had no confirmation email, which is slightly concerning (although perhaps they're having a lot of demand, but even then I'd expect something automatic). I'm really excited to see what these books are like, though. I was originally collecting the Case Files but I think these are a much better option for me.

robert_ellis