Main Menu

Norton...NOT SMASH!

Started by Wils, 12 July, 2010, 03:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

Oh dear. Ed Norton's not happy. He's been dropped from the new Avengers film in favour of Joaquin Phoenix.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/12072010/5/norton-hulk-dispute-marvel-0.html

This also gives me a opportunity to repost this:

TordelBack

Shame that, I thought Norton was an excellent Banner, although I'd have preferred to see another Hulk outing over the cameo-fest that Avengers is likely to be.  As for Phoenix... can't see it. 

JOE SOAP

I thought Norton was fine as Banner but he seems to make enemies wherever he goes so maybe Marvel have good reason to shut him out -the last Hulk film was a lot better than I had expected though a bit thin it was better than Iron man 2 and the equal of Iron Man 1- I'd prefer Steve Buscemi or Sharlto Copley as banner meself but there ya go.

J. Phoenix is already outwardly brooding which Banner shouldn't be as Hulk does the brooding for him which is the point, bad casting choice if true.

IAMTHESYSTEM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the 'This is Alan Moore's fault!' that got me the giggles!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Buddy

The norton hulk was pish.

Ang lees film was far, far better.

They should get Bana back to do the hulk.

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 13 July, 2010, 10:22:58 PM
The norton hulk was pish.

They should get Bana back to do the hulk.

I think you'll find that, on closer examination, Ang Lee's Hulk is rubbish.

The Norton one was good fun though.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 13 July, 2010, 10:22:58 PM

What, apart from the bit where the end makes no fucking sense whatsoever and the fight with the mutant dogs that is clearly shoe-horned in when somebody noticed that absolutely fucking nothing had happened in the film for over half an hour?

I mean, Jennifer Connelly buys a film a fair amount of leeway in my book, but there are limits!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Buttonman

"'The Avengers'. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

Long hand for 'he's a c*nt'.

I thought the Norton film was twice as good as the Bana one. Norton's was a comic book action fest while Bana's was a lot of ponderous pish about the inner beast and human condition.

Gone a bit cool on the whole Avengers thing myself.