Main Menu

Quick! Marshall Law Deluxe Edition Price mix-up on Amazon.co.uk!

Started by Ancient Otter, 13 November, 2012, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: dodsy on 30 November, 2012, 12:55:45 PM
Might seem like a silly question but what will actually fill up the 500pages of this book?

Where there that many Law series?
(Please excuss my ingnorence but I've only ever read one issue I found in a second hand book store in the states).

There's quite a lot;

Original comic appearances:
Marshal Law #1-6. Epic Comics 1987-88.
Marshal Law Takes Manhattan. One-shot, Epic Comics 1989.
Marshal Law - Kingdom of the Blind. Apocalypse Comics one-shot, 1990.
Toxic! #1-8, 14/15, Apocalypse Comics 1991.
Marshal Law - The Hateful Dead. One-Shot, Apocalypse Comics 1991.
Marshal Law - Super Babylon. One-Shot, Dark Horse 1992.
Marshal Law Vs Pinhead-Law in Hell. Two issue series, Epic Comics 1993.
Marshal Law - Secret Tribunal . Two issue series, Dark Horse 1994.
Marshal Law/Savage Dragon. Two issue series, Image Comics 1997.
Marshal Law/The Mask. Two issue series, Dark Horse 1998.
2000AD# 1280. Rebellion 2002. (1-page cameo.)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: dodsy on 30 November, 2012, 01:01:49 PMLets see who's orders get cancelled now...
Mm. I'm not expecting the price to be honoured, not least because Amazon's own terms talk about mispricing (which this was a clear case of):

"Pre-order Price Guarantee does not apply in the case of mispricing, described in our Pricing Policy, or to orders cancelled by us in accordance with the Conditions of Use & Sale."

Still, if the volume isn't high (that is, if tons of people didn't buy the book), Amazon might let it go.

gdwessel

Quote from: Jon on 30 November, 2012, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: dodsy on 30 November, 2012, 12:55:45 PM
Might seem like a silly question but what will actually fill up the 500pages of this book?

Where there that many Law series?
(Please excuss my ingnorence but I've only ever read one issue I found in a second hand book store in the states).

There's quite a lot;

Original comic appearances:
Marshal Law #1-6. Epic Comics 1987-88.
Marshal Law Takes Manhattan. One-shot, Epic Comics 1989.
Marshal Law - Kingdom of the Blind. Apocalypse Comics one-shot, 1990.
Toxic! #1-8, 14/15, Apocalypse Comics 1991.
Marshal Law - The Hateful Dead. One-Shot, Apocalypse Comics 1991.
Marshal Law - Super Babylon. One-Shot, Dark Horse 1992.
Marshal Law Vs Pinhead-Law in Hell. Two issue series, Epic Comics 1993.
Marshal Law - Secret Tribunal . Two issue series, Dark Horse 1994.
Marshal Law/Savage Dragon. Two issue series, Image Comics 1997.
Marshal Law/The Mask. Two issue series, Dark Horse 1998.
2000AD# 1280. Rebellion 2002. (1-page cameo.)

Wonder if the CoolBeansWorld material will be in it? (Which I never saw, AGH!)

Ancient Otter

Quote from: vzzbux on 29 November, 2012, 08:51:54 PM
Pre-ordered this. thanx for the heads up.
Whatever happened to the omnibus edition which was supposed to have been released last year? I take it this is in it's place.
V

I don't why the Top Shelf Graphics version of the omnibus never came out but the DC one takes it's place.

gdwessel

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 30 November, 2012, 09:30:55 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 29 November, 2012, 08:51:54 PM
Pre-ordered this. thanx for the heads up.
Whatever happened to the omnibus edition which was supposed to have been released last year? I take it this is in it's place.
V

I don't why the Top Shelf Graphics version of the omnibus never came out but the DC one takes it's place.

Yeah that announcement was a bit of a shocker too. I know the Top Shelf version kept getting pushed back, and pushed back some more, but DC offered *something* that made Mills and (stranger!) O'Neill think this was a good thing...

maryanddavid

Ancient Otter

Colin YNWA

Well they've cottoned on and the price is now at £32ish... we'll soon know I guess... back to X-mas shopping.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Wils

Aaand it's back down to £12.74. The price I've got next to my pre-order is a nice £9.59, though. :)

judda fett

No effing about, £12.74 and its ordered. Something about a 'super saver' deal.

Tjm86

yep, back to £12 so order in.  No idea what they are thinking but me not thinking twice.  Hope they do a better job than the Batman / JD.  Some of the colouring in that was abysmal!

The Bissler

Nice one!  I'm buying this one for HM Revenue & Customs.  Nice to hit the unethical tax-dodging scum at Amazon in the pocket!

rogue69

just spoke to Pat Mills & he told me that the deluxe edtion has only the original Marshal Law stories & none of the crossovers due to the rights all being held by different publishers. DC didn't want to go & buy the rights from them, but may do at a later dte if this sells well.
He also mentioned that Kevin O'Neil has done a new cover for this along with the images he created for the Top Shelf edition that didn't happen. DC have also got Jonathan Ross to write an intro for the book.