Main Menu

GQ: How 2000ad Predicted The Future

Started by Frank, 27 April, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 March, 2016, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: Tribs on 27 March, 2016, 02:40:29 AM

(And it's probably just coincidence that Donald J. Trump has the same number of letters as Robert L. Booth...)

That has to be the most tenuous grounds for a conspiracy theory I've ever seen - and that's saying something  ;)
Tribs is Pat Mills?

JudgeGerry

Frank

THE ART OF KENNY WHO?

A team of technologists have produced a 3D-printed painting in the style of Dutch master Rembrandt.

The portrait was created after existing works by the artist were analysed by a computer. A new, original work was then designed to look as much like a Rembrandt as possible. It was 3D-printed to give it the same texture as an oil painting.

Read more here, or listen at 12 minutes here.

JayzusB.Christ

[quote author=Butch link=topic=40441.msg912903#msg912903 date=1459965498

A team of technologists have produced a 3D-printed painting in the style of Dutch master Rembrandt.

The portrait was created after existing works by the artist were analysed by a computer. A new, original work was then designed to look as much like a Rembrandt as possible. It was 3D-printed to give it the same texture as an oil painting.

Read more here, or listen at 12 minutes here.

[/quote]

*Trudges down to job centre; kicks can on way
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ming

Probably no prediction involved here but I saw this and could think nothing except Something Something Oranges Something...

Roelof Louw's Soul City (Pyramid of Oranges), 1967

pauljholden

Steve Green

As a follow-up to the Kenny Who thing...

Here's a site which lets you upload an image and a style to impersonate.

https://deepart.io/

Steve Green

Photos treated from some sampled Carlos art.

Not quite Kenny Who yet...

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 April, 2016, 10:21:43 AM

I'm going to guess Van Gogh on that one...

Tricky - Picasso's Guenica?

Dandontdare

Steve Green

Quote from: sheridan on 23 April, 2016, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 17 April, 2016, 10:21:43 AM

I'm going to guess Van Gogh on that one...

Tricky - Picasso's Guenica?

Haha, no just feeding it a Carlos colour commission and some b/w Carlos artwork.

Tjm86

M.I.K.

According to the latest Thrill-cast, Scream! comic's 'Monster', a hideously malformed creature with no real morals or understanding of the consequences of his own actions, released to rampage across the British countryside leaving a trail of fear in his wake, was originally going to be called 'Nigel'.

Tjm86