Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SpookyTheCat on 10 August, 2009, 03:31:54 PM
I've eaten something that has slightly upset my stomach, giving me tremendously bad wind. And tonight is "date night". Married squaxx will understand my mild annoyance.

Steev

I hate to imagine what would happen if your stomach was seriously upset or inconsolable.

Try drinking some Prune juice as it will calm down your stomach considerably.This bit of advice if heeded will please and satisfy my childish and destructive personality considerably.

Also you might have to cancel the date you have fixed up for tonight especially if it is the first date you have with this person as you might not create a very good first impression and when you are on a date first impressions count.Give her plenty of notice as girls dont like being stood up.

I am not married but i can understand your annoyance over this.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

I've come back to work to discover that my company no longer deems it acceptable for me to have my ID swipe card attached to my belt on one of those retractable elastic thingies that they issued me with, but that it ABSOLUTELY MUST be worn around my neck on a bright blue lanyard (I even hate the word 'lanyard') so that it gets tangled with my headset lead, clatters on my desk and keyboard and makes me look like a tit.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: dandontdare on 10 August, 2009, 09:38:20 PM
I've come back to work to discover that my company no longer deems it acceptable for me to have my ID swipe card attached to my belt on one of those retractable elastic thingies that they issued me with, but that it ABSOLUTELY MUST be worn around my neck on a bright blue lanyard (I even hate the word 'lanyard') so that it gets tangled with my headset lead, clatters on my desk and keyboard and makes me look like a tit.

I feel your pain, brother. My company have issued "identity cards", ostensibly so if we are in the community with service users who are displaying challenging behaviour, we can flash them and reassure the general public that any techniques we may use to "calm them down" are in the best interests of the person involved and they should not be alarmed.

I made my disssatisfaction with the design very clear at template stage. But ohhhh no, I was overruled by a fucking idiot.

Hence, I now have a little laminated card with my picture on it, which states in big bold letters "This person has an Autistic Spectrum Disorder and/ or Learning Disability". No I bloody don't, but the person I am with might.

Useful in getting into cinemas cheap, I guess- but not overly professional!

Steev

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: House of Usher on 10 August, 2009, 12:00:34 PM
No-one ever died of repeatedly ingesting minute quantities of clay and graphite. So there.

What do you think causes syphilis?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 10 August, 2009, 11:24:39 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 10 August, 2009, 12:00:34 PM
No-one ever died of repeatedly ingesting minute quantities of clay and graphite. So there.

What do you think causes syphilis?

An infection from the Treponema Pallidum bacterium.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Roger Godpleton

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 10 August, 2009, 11:32:20 PM
My mum has been dead for 3 years.

Should probably have cleared up by now, then. Result!

Quickly, Manuel! The shovel

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Minkyboy

;D And there goes a mouthful of toast all over my laptop.

Cheers guys!

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Proudhuff

My small cut on the end of the right pointing digit is mildly annoying and when it hardens/heals it HAS to be bitten starting the whole thing off again
DDT did a job on me

Roger Godpleton

I took a long walk back home from work today and needed a drink. I decided to try one of those new fangled JD & Coke cans but the lady behind the counter at the Tesco Express looked at me like I was something she'd stepped on. I wasn't aware that we were living under prohibition.

Also this morning I accidently stepped on a slug.

worldshown

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 11 August, 2009, 04:49:20 PM

Also this morning I accidently stepped on a slug.

Keep stepping. The buggers are eating my courgettes.