Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Not the same. Also, courgettes taste bloody awful.

Someone had to say it.

- Trout

House of Usher

I agree, pretend bacon isn't the same. It has its uses, like it goes nicely with scrambled egg on toast, which is how I had it for lunch today. You can't fry it up with courgettes though.

In which case, I advocate frying off the onions, courgette and garlic with some mushrooms and green peppers and the oxo cube of your choice.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I wasnt actually shaving my nose as i havent quite got that much of a problem with hair but it was just in the corner where my nose starts if that makes any sense.It was a new razor and i was rushing at the time.The sellotape did do the trick though but only because i have run out of Gaffer tape.Gaffer tape is my first aid kit if i cut myself at work  .I dont know much about styptic pencils so i will look it up.

Courgettes are not bad as part of an italian tomatoe sauce and not bad sliced thinly on a pizza.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

locustsofdeath!

Tonight I'm grilling up some fantastic portobello mushroom sandwiches. Went to the market, bought some fresh bread, mozarella cheese, peppers, onions and (of course) portobellos. Add some spices, grill and it's wonderful!

Facon and other fake meats have their uses, but we don't rely on them much. During the summer when we grill outside, we do tend to eat the fake kielbasa and burgers, but that's about it. Oh, and we'll have vegetarian tacos from time to time.

Minkyboy

Gardeners question time and now cooking with locusts, great thread!
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Minkyboy on 13 August, 2009, 06:14:07 PM
Gardeners question time and now cooking with locusts, great thread!

I suppose picky locusts are rare...

SmallBlueThing

Today I stepped in an enormous pile of dogshit, because I was walking over the Hill reading my Fortean Times (cheers Sefton, for reminding me I hadn't picked it up in far too long). When I had removed all the shit from my trainer, I got home to find my youngest son, Bela, had taken the free "dalek slime" that he got with Dr Who Adventures comic today, and shoved it all in his pants "to see what it felt like".

Steev

House of Usher

A charming tale indeed, which his parents and now the entire population of cyberspace, can remind him of when he's in his mid-teens and dating.

;D
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Bought Watchmen on Blu-ray this afternoon (just tested it on the new set up ) and the bloody box is broken inside so the 2nd & 3rd disc tray falls out!
Off to HMV tomorrow for an exchange   

Roger Godpleton

Compy didn't work for a coupla hours.

All vegetables are gross.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

Quote from: SpookyTheCat on 13 August, 2009, 06:20:50 PM
Today I stepped in an enormous pile of dogshit, because I was walking over the Hill reading my Fortean Times (cheers Sefton, for reminding me I hadn't picked it up in far too long). When I had removed all the shit from my trainer, I got home to find my youngest son, Bela, had taken the free "dalek slime" that he got with Dr Who Adventures comic today, and shoved it all in his pants "to see what it felt like".

Steev

After the gardener's question time interlude (very informative) that made me laugh like a twat after a particularly bad day, cheers mate.

I, Cosh

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 August, 2009, 12:05:28 PM
Being vegetarian, a lot of my meals start off with a diced onion in a pan with a press of garlic, a splash of oil and a splash of water. It may end up as curry, risotto, stir-fry, spaghetti sauce, salsa, couscous, cottage pie, chilli or mousaka.
Astounding. I'm the least vegetarian person your likely to meet and much of my cooking starts off the same way.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

25 spam emails in my inbox but i dont remember signing up for spam.

I also get loads of spam calls because of my telephone number.I usually dont pick up when i know its a spam call because i can tell because of some kind of ESP that i have but when i do pick up and its a spam call and i am constantly amazed at peoples rudeness sometimes.

For example yesterday i answered a spam call and the person on the other end just says "I want some results !!..." so i said who are you and what results are you talking about ? and also asked them who they were and who they wanted to talk and reminded them that is common courtesy to introduce themselves before barking orders down the line at me because they were too rude and presumptious to realise they had dialed the wrong number which i obviously pointed out to them but they were too rude and lazy and discourtious to apologise for.

I just dont know WTF is wrong with people sometimes.Politeness may be unfashionable elsewhere but its still in as far as i am concerned.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 August, 2009, 08:11:24 PM
Astounding. I'm the least vegetarian person your likely to meet and much of my cooking starts off the same way.

Such has been the influence of Mediterranean cooking on British kitchens in the past 30 years. I think meat-eaters have a greater range of options for getting started, though.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

...discovered and half-read a superb Alex Robinson GN (Tricked) newly shelved in the local Library last night (when I should have been working), but when I went to check it out I didn't have my library card with me.