Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: uncle fester on 15 January, 2010, 04:00:01 PM
In my previous existence on site, 8am was the latest. But we started as early as 5:30 and finished at 11pm on some projects!

Yup, 8 is a pretty late start - even in winter a lot of sites kick off at 7.00am, worse luck - I was peering into impenetrable gloom the last three days from 7 until nearly 9am.  That said, over here Planning Permission in residential areas frequently includes maximum hours of work, usually 8-6, and  no Sundays or Public Holidays, for which I am most grateful.

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 15 January, 2010, 09:59:38 AM
I thought I'd lost my phone so I bought a replacement but then I hadn't lost it.

Good job you didn't jump off a bridge, then.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 January, 2010, 02:03:35 AM
This kind Ebay seller takes the time to explain to buyers what has gone on recently regarding Ebay record/vinyl auctions>

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JOY-DIVISION-UK-3-TRACK-12-45-ATMOSPHERE-2_W0QQitemZ180453668428QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item2a03e0764c

Ebays policy is absolutely Fucking stupid and like the buyer says its just ebay increasing its final value percentages.A little while ago i noticed that there were no longer any auctions for records on Ebay starting at 99p and i couldnt work it out.Ebay insists that the seller of a record has to offer free postage yet the postage is NOT FREE because the starting bid includes the buyers postage fees so postage is NOT FREE !!

Someone tell me i am wrong here !

How am i able as a buyer to accurately determine what i am being charged by the seller for postage of the item without emailing the seller ?

Why is it somehow reasonable that i am bidding on an item and effectively bidding on an unknown postage charge when a seller can start an auction with what could be a completely arbitary figure that includes "free" postage ?

As far as i know Royal Mail dont offer "Free" postage ?

Why have Ebay singled out vinyl auctions for this scam ?

Is it acceptable in any way for a buyer not to have postage and packaging costs clearly set out at the outset by the seller ??

What exactly is the sellers standard rate ?

Why should i comply with a system that makes it easier for less scrupulous sellers to overcharge for P+P ??

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR>...............

I tried to sell a mobile phone and ebay insisted that I sell it with free P+P. There was no way I could put a price for postage for the item without putting it in the description only so I fucked it off.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

My balls are well itchy. They feel like they are on fire. If I start scratching I will bleed.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 16 January, 2010, 12:53:33 AM
My balls are well itchy. They feel like they are on fire. If I start scratching I will bleed.

Spoken like the true Proustian scholar.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just got back from Morrisons with Sam after another confrontation in the car park. As we left the front of the shop ready for our long trek to where I parked the car, I noticed a massive 4x4 reverse into one of the disabled bays near the entrance. Whilst walking to our car I kept looking back to see who got out, no one did. By the time I had got to our car I had decided to have a closer look, so I drove over and noticed it was just a bloke sat at the wheel.
Bollocks to this I thought, I quickly set my phone to camera and climbed out. As I lined the shot up he started to drive off, that is until I stood in front of the bumper.
I approached the drivers window, "Where's your blue card mate?"
"I'm just waiting for my father" he replied.
"So, that doesn't mean you can park here!"
"He won't be long, he's just getting some stuff"
"Well mate if you think it's alright why did you start to drive off when you saw me line up my camera on you? I'll tell you why, coz you're a lazy twat who couldn't give a toss about anyone else. My son has a disability and we don't use the spaces (we don't have a badge and we don't need one but it always makes them fluster) so why don't you just go and find another bloody space!"
With that he drove off to the other side of the car park. By this time a crowd of shoppers had stopped to watch the event unfold, as I do like to raise my voice in a situation like this as it brings more shame on the lawbreaker.

Anyway I feel happy now ;)

It really pisses me off, there was nothing wrong with the bloke, he was just another lazy twat who thinks he's above the law. So what if there are a few empty spaces near the store front it doesn't give anyone the right to use them just because they are empty, they are for people who have a hard time in life as it is.
I believe anyione caught doing something like this should have a leg amputated so they can use these bays in the future and if not that a bloody big fine instead.
LAZY TWATS >:D

TordelBack

I'm with you releasing your inner Dredd there, CF.  Well, right up to the bit about amputation.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tiplodocus

My LOST season 5 box set that Mrs Tips bought me for Christmas finally turns up yesterday but it's bloody Region 1.

Now I'm going to have to find a code to unlock the DVD player.

Bah!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

Did you tell her off?

Or was it the packers mistake ;)

Rog69

I just walked up to the local shop (instead of driving because I need the exercise) and I got all the way to the counter with my milk when I realised I had left my wallet at home. I walked home and drove back to the shop and got my milk and then ripped my new jeans getting back into the car.

vzzbux

Quote from: Rog69 on 16 January, 2010, 08:07:09 PM
I just walked up to the local shop (instead of driving because I need the exercise) and I got all the way to the counter with my milk when I realised I had left my wallet at home. I walked home and drove back to the shop and got my milk and then ripped my new jeans getting back into the car.

Should have walked there Rog.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Buttonman

Regarding the eBay thing, I kind of agree with the policy. In the old system people used to sell DVDs for 1p but with P&P at £2.95. eBay gets nothing of the post charges and were kind of taking it up the ass on these kind of deals. At least with the new system you can place a bid for what you are willing to pay to own the listed item, all costs included, and you won't get any nasty surprises after the fact.

That said as a seller it's not so good as you know no one is going to pay £1.50 for that Nick Hancock 'Goals and Goofs' DVD mother got me so it'll gather dust and scorn for ever more.

Minor impediments? Lets see... laptop had to be reformatted and I lost the last year of non-backed up letters data. Oh well a joyous retread is on the cards.

Mikey

QuoteI noticed a massive 4x4 reverse into one of the disabled bays

Are you sure it wasn't Logan?  :)

Minor impediment - lost a hub cap off the car the other day. Makes it look cheap!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.