Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

DROKK!

The postie has left a calling card from when he did a very weak knock at the door at 10:55.
Now this is either the next Mongoose book or my Hi-Ex! Hell-Trekker chocolates. Shall I drive to the sorting office just before it shuts at 19:00 or leave it till I finish work in the morning and collect the package then. What do you think  :lol:

Van Dom

I think you already know what you're doing, don't you!!!  :D
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

COMMANDO FORCES

Yes, I can't help it. If it's not one of those two things I will be quite annoyed as those are the only items I'm expecting.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bollocks >:(

Just got back and they couldn't find it so I'll have to go back in the morning after work.
I nearly lost my rag when the person said, "have you checked that it wasn't left with the neighbours"
I replied quite calmly "It doesn't say that on the card!"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!

I, Cosh

I just sat down to watch Star Trek and it skipped so badly I couldn't.

I only rented it in the first place because the sole copy of The Good, The Bad, The Weird in the video shop had been returned without the actual feature disc in the box.
We never really die.

House of Usher

Reminds me of the time in 1991 I hired Reanimator for £1.00 from the video store and the tape was too fucked up to watch. When I took it back the spotty teenager in temporary charge offered me my money back or an alternative. I chose Reanimator II. "That's 50p extra," he said. Some alternative!
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

I paid £50 towards talk talk account at Barclays. I phoned talk talk. They say they've recieved no such payment. They have a new account with HSBC. Having closed the account, talk talk tell me the bank should have told me the account closed. I return to the bank to find out who is accountable. The bank say its in a talk talk account of some remuneration. I phone talk talk again. Its customer services are being repaired til 22nd of Feb.
I give up. Cold, cold business.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

uncle fester

I've just caught the lead of the external terrabyte hard drive I keep all my artwork on, sending the hard drive itself towards the floor. These things aren't designed to bounce, it turns out. 

This isn't filed under a Life Spugs post as there are folks on here with more important things to be worried about, and I know a man who can fix these wonders of technology (or at least rescue some of the basic data). That, and I'm about as far from any deadlines as I could possibly be today.

But I think all the finished artwork I've done this year may have gone to the great drawing board in the sky. Harrumph.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

the shutdown man

I went to see a special showing of Raiders of the Lost Ark last night. Around the point where Indy is digging into the Well of Souls, the film suddenly jumped forward to the scene with the plane burning on the runway, skipping about twenty minutes, maybe more. It then continued on for a bit, with the chase scene with the trucks, and then cut off completely. We sat there for about half an hour while they tried to fix it but evetually gave up and went home. They gave us replacement tickets at least.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

House of Usher

That's quite sucky.

When I went to see Titanic the film cut out for about 10 minutes. When it resumed with a chunk missing I got up and walked out and asked for tickets for the next showing, but over 100 people just sat there complacently and watched to the end. I guess they figured they weren't really missing anything and that life's too short to sit through the first hour of Titanic a second time.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 February, 2010, 10:51:35 PM
I just sat down to watch Star Trek and it skipped so badly I couldn't.

I only rented it in the first place because the sole copy of The Good, The Bad, The Weird in the video shop had been returned without the actual feature disc in the box.

I had this same problem last night when i attempted to watch The Pianist.First of all i washed the disc to wash off dirty fingerprints and various other substances but it didnt help the problem as the disc was also scratched.This really pissed me off because i just dont understand how DVDs end up in this state when all you have to do is remove the disc from its case holding it by the edge and then place it into the drawer of the DVD player.There is no need at anytime to touch the surface of the disc or use it as a drinks coaster or sand the floor with it or use it as a frisbee.

It fucking annoys me when this happens especially when the shop is hiring out substandard discs.They should now better.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Do you remember when CDs first came out and we were told they were indestructible? What a laff! Even if they don't get scratched, I read that those early CDs had used an ink or plastic that degraded and would only last about 10 years anyway!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 February, 2010, 12:40:47 PM
Do you remember when CDs first came out and we were told they were indestructible? What a laff! Even if they don't get scratched, I read that those early CDs had used an ink or plastic that degraded and would only last about 10 years anyway!

I remember that claim very well.You can bend and snap them in half so they are hardly indestructable.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death